Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just turned down for a CLI request at Bloomingdales

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Just turned down for a CLI request at Bloomingdales

First time I ever got turned down for a request. I had asked for $600 on a $0 balance $2300 CL store card. I asked if there was something wrong with the account or if I did anything wrong and he said it was too soon between the last CLI on 2/3/09. Since that date, 4 statements were cut (on the 11th) and 4 payments were made. He told me to try back in July.

I was going to call Macys and ask too but decided to hold off. I has been since August since I last used either card.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tunseeker1
Regular Contributor

Re: Just turned down for a CLI request at Bloomingdales

Why do you want a CLI?
Message 2 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Higher CLs begat higher CLs. Also, while I'm paying down CCs fairly rapidly, I don't have util down where it should be and any CLI would help.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:
Higher CLs begat higher CLs. Also, while I'm paying down CCs fairly rapidly, I don't have util down where it should be and any CLI would help.

You have never been more RIGHT. The higher your limits other's want to match or go beyond. It's like a competition between lenders.Smiley Surprised who woulda thought

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

I was going to call Macys and ask too but decided to hold off. I has been since August since I last used either card.

One of my closest friends called Macys today - it had been 3.5months since her last GLI with them - she hasn't used the account in 6 month, has a zero balance and CL was $2000.  They increased it to $3600 without a hard pull and then invited her to have a Macys CC too (that one was a store card) - the CC did have a hard pull but they gave her the CL right then of $3600 on that also.  So for one hard pull she got a new card and an overall CLI of $5200... I wanna be her right now

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@llecs wrote:

You have never been more RIGHT. The higher your limits other's want to match or go beyond. It's like a competition between lenders.Smiley Surprised who woulda thought

Funny enough, PenFed seems to have changed that just now. I have seen two reports of people who got denied for the PenFed rewards card because they "already have enough revolving credit" today.

Message 6 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

Ulan wrote:

74king wrote:

llecs wrote:

Funny enough, PenFed seems to have changed that just now. I have seen two reports of people who got denied for the PenFed rewards card because they "already have enough revolving credit" today.

'enough revolving credit' is not an uncommon reason used by issuers, incl boa etc. for some time.  in some cases it appears to really mean 'we are not going to give you any/more credit'.  after receiving the 'enough credit response, i was approved for thrree 5-7.5k cards from 3 other issuers FWIW.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.