Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just upgraded to Walmart Discover and CLI

tag
laboi_22
Established Contributor

Re: Just upgraded to Walmart Discover and CLI

That is just too long to wait for an upgrade. I mean I have no choice but to wait, but it's still too long. I keep checking my account hoping mine would upgrade - no go. I've been seeing a few upgrades recently. GECB is confusing. I have the Gap card with them with a CL of 200 to start. In 4 months increased to 650, before I could ask for another increase 4 months later I was upgraded to a Gap Visa with a CL of 2000???? WTH I'm happy but why is Walmart cards so slow to upgrade? Less than a year of history with the Gap card and bamn and upgrade?? Shaking my head....

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 11 of 17
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Congrats!!!  I keep checking my account for the option to upgrade but nothing hahaha.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 12 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

I wil try for an upgrade (if i dont get it earlier) in mid 2013.

Message 13 of 17
flowfaster
Established Contributor

I wonder if you can call in and ask.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 14 of 17
lithium78
Established Contributor

Unfortunately, GECRB doesn't continue the TL from the Walmart store card when you upgrade to the Walmart Discover, so I took a 2 point dip in my FICO for the new account opening.  Ah, well.  Small price to pay, I guess.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 17
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

The sad thing is your new card will have a nice member since 200X stamped on it.. Mine said since 2007 but yet it was a new account with no history

Message 16 of 17
lithium78
Established Contributor

Just activated my new Walmart Discover.  Is it sad that it feels like my life has turned a corner because I now qualify for cards like it?  I've come so far in the past three years. :-)

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.