Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wanted to thank you all!

tag
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

Just wanted to thank you all!

Taking some of ya'lls advice, I've now received 2 "Pre-screened" letters in the mail all within 2 months of having my cards!

The latest one was DiscoverIT which I'd like to jump on.

Although, I'm not sure this necessarily means I'm approved correct?

It's just their way of telling me I qualify most likely.

My Credit Karma shold be below but I haven't pulled my FICO since before my first card about 2 1/2 months ago, should I wait a while longer before I pull the trigger on it?

I've also got a pending pay off loan with conns at the moment which is the thing that's holding my score below 700 I personally believe..

Starting Score: 635 Current Score: 659 Discover Pull
Goal Score:720s
Tried to use Images but it was all Wibbly, Wobbly, and Timey-Wimey.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Just wanted to thank you all!

If your first card is only 2 months old, and you have an event pending that would (presumably) increase your score and improve your credit profile - then it seems worth it to wait. Time helps credit more than almost anything else.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 2 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I agree with Snack. Wait until your cr has been updated before apping. If you are qualified now you will be qualified when its updated. CL and chances of approval are greater once your CR's are clean.
Message 3 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

@angelcred10 wrote:

Taking some of ya'lls advice, I've now received 2 "Pre-screened" letters in the mail all within 2 months of having my cards!

The latest one was DiscoverIT which I'd like to jump on.

Although, I'm not sure this necessarily means I'm approved correct?

It's just their way of telling me I qualify most likely.

My Credit Karma shold be below but I haven't pulled my FICO since before my first card about 2 1/2 months ago, should I wait a while longer before I pull the trigger on it?

I've also got a pending pay off loan with conns at the moment which is the thing that's holding my score below 700 I personally believe..

Your file is still thin and you might even find your scores have drop because of the new card. Wait at least 6 months from your recent approval.

Make sure CR is updated and kepp UTL between 1-9% 

The mail offers will still keep coming and in fact you will probably get better offers...Please waitSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 5
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

Appreciate the feedback! I'll continue using you alls responses! Man Happy

Starting Score: 635 Current Score: 659 Discover Pull
Goal Score:720s
Tried to use Images but it was all Wibbly, Wobbly, and Timey-Wimey.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.