Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KROGER 123 RBS CHANGING TO US BANK

tag
rom828
Established Contributor

KROGER 123 RBS CHANGING TO US BANK

Just logged in to my Kroger 123 account and learned that US Bank is assuming these cards as of November (I think that was it....might be Oct)

The message said APRs, passwords etc would remain the same,  but billing/due dates would change.   I've read mostly good things about US Bank on this forum.  Another member actually suggested I app for US Bank CC but I wasnt able to do so  as don't have one of their branches in my area (and they require this).  Maybe having the 123 card would open the door to other US Bank cards...?????

What I'm really concerned  about, though,  is whether this bank change will result in a new card being issued,  which would result in  a new  card being reported, which would not help my AAofA.

I'm already in a struggle with Old Navy over the store card to Visa conversion that reported as 'new'...even though I was told repeatedly that it would not report as a new card. 

I just got  new Nationwide card last month, but  all other cards (except Old Navy visa-gggrrrrrr) are over a year old. 

Anybody have any thoughts or advices on this change?!?!?!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

Re: KROGER 123 RBS CHANGING TO US BANK

I don't think this will affect your AAoA. 

TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow.

Just logged in yesterday and everything looked normal.

I have mixed feelings on this one. 

USBank is on our wanna have list for 2012 because they pull EXP.  Not DH's best (in fact his worst by 100 points) - but he'll look good then.

He already has a $15,000 CL with Kroger cuz they have always pulled EQ - and DH looks golden on EQ now.

We'll wait and see about your concern with a new card - historically that is not the way things tend to be handled.  You should maintain the same opening date and the same age.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess they announced this last June - but I never caught wind of it 'til your post.

Message 4 of 12
rom828
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess they announced this last June - but I never caught wind of it 'til your post.

Obviously, I missed it as well, beam!!   Smiley Very Happy

I certainly hope you're right that it won't report as a new card.  I'm trying to let everything age so I can get back to (at least)  5 yr AAoA.   I'm at 4+ now.  Got  some  new cards (Discover, Juni)  in 2008  after my 're-build' , and then NFCU & Kroger  in 2009 and Nationwide 2010.   I  should 'turn 5' in January IF Old Navy corrects reporting.

Since US Bank is on your "wish list", you must be in their area.  Any thoughts on whether having this Kroger card with them would open doors to another of their cards...even being out of area??

Message 5 of 12
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Hmmmm . . . I'm in Georgia and just logged on to find everything normal with the account.  No announcement.  I suppose the news hasn't made it into the deep south yet.Smiley Wink

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 12
rom828
Established Contributor

@Itsmeagain wrote:

Hmmmm . . . I'm in Georgia and just logged on to find everything normal with the account.  No announcement.  I suppose the news hasn't made it into the deep south yet.Smiley Wink

I'm in Georgia, so I guess they did get way down here, but maybe you're further down the list!! Smiley Very Happy

It does seem odd, though, that some cardholders are finding the info on the website and others...nothing.........

Message 7 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Could it be that RBS is just selling some of there accounts off to Usbank, or is USbank taking over everything.

I know my parents both had 5/3 credit cards and right around the 1 year mark they got sold to Bank of America... but as far as I know if you go back and apply for another 5/3 card it's still 5/3 not BofA.

Message 8 of 12
rom828
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Could it be that RBS is just selling some of there accounts off to Usbank, or is USbank taking over everything.

I know my parents both had 5/3 credit cards and right around the 1 year mark they got sold to Bank of America... but as far as I know if you go back and apply for another 5/3 card it's still 5/3 not BofA.

Good point, credit!

When I went to site to sign on, got message to 'click here if card starts 51xx" or "click here if 53xx"  (not sure on 2nd option as I'm 51 so clicked that one. 

Signed in from there and got the message about the bank change, so maybe you're right...just a 'selected group'  (the 51s!)  may have been sold to USBank....

hhmmmm....very interesting.....

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could be wrong (it happens), but I think the 53's are new cards that were accepted after 9/14.  I'm a 51, but I clicked on the 53s to see what was going on. 

And I think it says if you don't have your card number available, click the 53's if you opened your card 9/14 or later and click the 51's if you opened previous to 9/14.  Evidently USBank isn't set up for those new folks to log in there quite yet.

I'll have to double check next time I'm on the site. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.