Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay Jeweler's CLI

tag
jj10939
Regular Contributor

Kay Jeweler's CLI

I was wondering when Kay raised CL from when an account has been opened.  I opened my account in November, 09 and bought a watch, been paying the minimum and it's almost paid off now.  I was wondering when/if I could expect a CLI at 10 mos which is the amount of time they require before you can request a CLI.

When I called to ask, she said that I would have to go to a store to request the CLI, but I thought I heard others post that they received a CLI from Kay after 9-10 mos with out hard pull?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Re: Kay Jeweler's CLI

I have had my kays card since nov 08 haven't received a increase. Kay did soft me on my equifax last nov. Im not complaining my credit limit is 7500. Never going charge that much and haven't charge anything the last 5 months on it. But probably charge something on it in nov so they wont close it.

Message 2 of 5
michaels88369
Frequent Contributor

just got a credit limit increase tonight. I went to the store to buy my 2 month old daughter a pair of emerald(birth stone) earrings and me a nice watch. I asked for the salesman to call in for a credit increase knowing i got one in oct '09 from 1000 to 2100 limit, not thinking i would get one. They got me on the phone and stated that since the new laws are in effect they had to pull my Eq report. I was hesitant and then said yes anyways. She put me on hold and came back and said she would take me up 900 to 3000. I asked if she could go any higher and she said yes to 3300. Sucks for the hard pull but good for the 1200 increase.Smiley Indifferent.. if you want to take a hit go to the store and ask for an increase. The lady on the phone told me you could request on every 6 months.

Credit conscience!
Message 3 of 5
happy0510
Established Contributor

Oh no! So this means they don't do auto cli's after 12 months? That sucks...my anniversary is next month!!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Xarquinn
New Contributor

After reading this forum, i applied and just got approved online for a 2,000 CL.  BK 7 was discharged April 2010.  Scores are TU - 606, EQ - 616.  Thanks!

Starting Score: Low 500's (BK Ch7 Discharged 3/2010) Back in with almost all of the creditors that I burned.
Current Scores: 760 - 800 (BK dropped off Nov 2019)
Alliant CU Visa 10k; Merrick Bank 0.4k (keeping for age); Lowes 25k; Target MC 13k; Capital One 8k; PayPal 10k; Total Rewards (Comenity) 25k; Amex BCP 38k; Discover 28k; PenFed 15k, Chase Amazon 20k; FNBO 28k; Citibank 30k; BlockFi 15k; X1 33k. Local Credit Union HELCO: 97k. Utilization around 30% incl HELCO
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.