Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay Jeweler's-approval!

tag
keith021
Regular Contributor

Kay Jeweler's-approval!

So, I was going through some of the forums today and noticed a lot of discussion about Kay Jewelers and I decieced to apply online. I applied and got:  Thank you for your interest in Kay Credit.  Your application is currently under review.  You will receive an email from Kay.com giving you an application status update within one hour.

I then checked my email like 10 minutes later and I got:  Thank you for applying for a Kay Jewelers Credit Account. We were unable to fully process your request for instant credit at this time. We will notify you via US mail of our decision regarding your request for a Kay Jewelers account within 20 business days.

I then said to myself, okay, this must be a denial. I then deciced to call customer care to speak with someone about the status of my application, I spoke with a nice lady that informed me that my application needed additional verification before a decesion could be made. I already figured it would being that I have a freeze on my Transunion file, and fraud alrets on my Experian and Equifax files. This indeed did delay the application process. I was told to stop by my local Kay Jeweler's with my driver's license, a phone bill, and a copy of my pay stub. I arrived to the store and provided them with the documents and they contacted the credit department, which took about 15 minutes. After, the store clerk hang up with the credit department, she said they did approve me with a credit limit of: $400. I was shocked that I didn't get a denial because I have A LOT of inquires on my Experian report and my credit is fairly new. She wrote my account number down and asked if I'd like to purchase anything today, I took her card and said maybe another day.  Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Re: Kay Jeweler's-approval!

Congrats- they actually have some nice stuff in the clearance section on the website.
Message 2 of 7
keith021
Regular Contributor

Thanks! They did have a sale on these sterling silver rings and necklace. They're nice...

Message 3 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

As mentioned, check for sales & this can be helpful maybe this Christmas....or whichever holiday you might personally celebrate! 

Congrats!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Repairing credit happens in baby steps.  Little by little, try for CLI's to boost available credit!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 7
keith021
Regular Contributor

Do you think they gave me a low limit because of my income? They pulled my Equifax report which is clean! No inquires, baddies, etc. Just 2 opened accounts that are "PAYS AS AGREED"...

Message 5 of 7
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Probablly just a sign of the times- are the "paid as agreed" accounts still opened?
Message 6 of 7
keith021
Regular Contributor

Yes, they are still open. They are fairly new, though.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.