New Contributor
superrupe2

Kay Jewelers...Hard Inq...

My wife and I went into Kay recently to look for a new wedding ring. She looked at my account and asked if we would like to make it a joint account, considering it would likely raise my CL. I told her that would be fine if it doesn't do a hard pull on my report. She said no, and I told her to go ahead. She came back and said we were approved for 6500. Three days later I get a score alert stating they in fact, did a hard pull. A few questions I have is: is there any way to get this removed? It is only reporting 4300, she said we were approved for 6500. Would you recommend calling them? Thanks for the help!
Contributor
jdp2134

Re: Kay Jewelers...Hard Inq...

you wont be able to change the INQ. You applied for new credit and one of the products of applying for any new credit is a hard inq.

If you were askin for a CLI on a exisiting account you could call and ask them to re-code it since you already have an acct.

As far as the CL i would call and ask them what exactly your CL is and if is different than what is reporting then tell them and they should fix it.

New Contributor
superrupe2

Re: Kay Jewelers...Hard Inq...

Thanks a lot for you help! It is greatly appreciated.....

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}