New Contributor

Kay Jewelers...Hard Inq...

My wife and I went into Kay recently to look for a new wedding ring. She looked at my account and asked if we would like to make it a joint account, considering it would likely raise my CL. I told her that would be fine if it doesn't do a hard pull on my report. She said no, and I told her to go ahead. She came back and said we were approved for 6500. Three days later I get a score alert stating they in fact, did a hard pull. A few questions I have is: is there any way to get this removed? It is only reporting 4300, she said we were approved for 6500. Would you recommend calling them? Thanks for the help!
Contributor

Re: Kay Jewelers...Hard Inq...

you wont be able to change the INQ. You applied for new credit and one of the products of applying for any new credit is a hard inq.

If you were askin for a CLI on a exisiting account you could call and ask them to re-code it since you already have an acct.

As far as the CL i would call and ask them what exactly your CL is and if is different than what is reporting then tell them and they should fix it.

New Contributor

Re: Kay Jewelers...Hard Inq...

Thanks a lot for you help! It is greatly appreciated.....

Get a myFICO recommended credit card

Copyright ©2001-2013 Fair Isaac Corporation.
All rights reserved.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.