Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay Jewelers...Hard Inq...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kay Jewelers...Hard Inq...

My wife and I went into Kay recently to look for a new wedding ring. She looked at my account and asked if we would like to make it a joint account, considering it would likely raise my CL. I told her that would be fine if it doesn't do a hard pull on my report. She said no, and I told her to go ahead. She came back and said we were approved for 6500. Three days later I get a score alert stating they in fact, did a hard pull. A few questions I have is: is there any way to get this removed? It is only reporting 4300, she said we were approved for 6500. Would you recommend calling them? Thanks for the help!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kay Jewelers...Hard Inq...

you wont be able to change the INQ. You applied for new credit and one of the products of applying for any new credit is a hard inq.

If you were askin for a CLI on a exisiting account you could call and ask them to re-code it since you already have an acct.

As far as the CL i would call and ask them what exactly your CL is and if is different than what is reporting then tell them and they should fix it.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kay Jewelers...Hard Inq...

Thanks a lot for you help! It is greatly appreciated.....
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.