Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay Jewelers and Jareds Changing Banks-to Comenity

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Kay Jewelers and Jareds Changing Banks-to Comenity

This makes me wonder if the jewlery market is more appealing to Comenity to credit sponsor or what.

They already underwrite https://www.bluenile.com/

Seen some very high lines for those very few that chanced an account with them but little feedback on their satisfaction or if they even kept the card for long.

Message 21 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

This makes me wonder if the jewlery market is more appealing to Comenity to credit sponsor or what.

Seen some very high lines for those very few that chanced an account with them but little feedback on their satisfaction or if they even kept the card for long.

I have the blue nile card, managed to get it from a $3,000 SL to $8700 where its at now, not as significant as others, but they handed out the CLIs like crazy even when my scores werent that great.  I could probably have it higher, I just stopped trying honestly, I was calling in every 30 days and getting $1000 increases. Still have the card, only used it once on an engagement ring purchase.  Overall it was a hassle-free card and I would recommend it over my kay card that I have, I just dont buy jewelry much, so it will probably be closed due to inactivity whenever that comes.

Message 22 of 42
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I have the blue nile card, managed to get it from a $3,000 SL to $8700 where its at now, not as significant as others, but they handed out the CLIs like crazy even when my scores werent that great.  Still have the card, only used it once on an engagement ring purchase.  Overall it was a hassle-free card and I would recommend it over my kay card that I have, I just dont buy jewelry much, so it will probably be closed due to inactivity whenever that comes.

Thank You for sharing.

I nearly applied for it but picked BarneysNY instead when they were swelling limits into the 30K range which is where barneys ballooned up to.

Sitting here thinking it over that closing barneys might be best on this end and open a Kays or Jareds since i often shop jewelry stores but mostly independent local varieties which so far don't compare as well to the purchases i made with Kays with cash.

Message 23 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the change apply to all Kay cards? I haven't received anything in the mail regarding my Kay card.

Message 24 of 42
ErikaC1
New Contributor

I went to kay.com and click on my card image and it brought me to a site under Genesis FS Card Services...so no Comenity for me? 

Message 25 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like you are part of the group sold to the other company.
Message 26 of 42
RootDet
Established Contributor

Looks like you are part  of the second group.

It seems Commenity bought only a portion of the portfolio which met criteria. Likely it all boiled down to how profitable your account is based on past history and credit portfolio.

According to there web site, Genesis FS Card Services, Inc is geared towards credit profiles which are "less than perfect".  No idea what the criteria is to be less than perfect and be offered Genesis over Commenity.

What makes me more curious is wy some accounts stayed with Kays directly and di not get outsourced. PErhaps they are too profitable?  We know comenity does not seem to like people with high credit limits and etc. There was reports of people getting AA whom commonly fit the criteria of large amounts of available credit.

Message 27 of 42
bunnicula

I'm really curious, because I got Gensis, too. I have Comenity with Blue Nile with a CL just as high as the one I have at Jared. Which is over 5k. I have a perfect history with BN, too. My history is Jared is also perfect, but I don't use it as much. Odd. Very odd.

Ah well. I rarely use that Jared card and they seem to keep increasing my limit. The Jared is actually over 1k higher than my BN card. 

I do NOT like the way that they didn't send me any notifications until last weekend about this change. They called me yesterday to tell me my payment was late! I had my Jared acct set up on auto-pay and I've always done it like that to keep it on time. Weird.

Message 28 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still have not received any notification about the change over, but when I log into Kay I get the Genesis site, How did they determine who went to Genesis and who went to Comenity?

Message 29 of 42
darrin073
Contributor

i just hit the love button today approved . went fromm 1500.00 to 2500

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.