Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay Jewelers and Jareds Changing Banks-to Comenity

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Kay Jewelers and Jareds Changing Banks-to Comenity

Are others here familiar with Gerald Ratner? I've been reading about him and the company's history.

He was the former CEO (and presumably owned a big stake in) the company when it was called Ratners Group.

In 1991, (while CEO) he gave a speech in which he referred to his jewelry as "total crap" that wouldn't last as long as a prepackaged seafood sandwich.

He was fired in 1992, and in 1993 Ratners Group changed its name to Signet Jewelers.

I guess there is a role in the world for "total crap" jewelry...but it's a little disheartening that credit is so widely used for it.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 11 of 42
peghede
Valued Contributor

Kay Jewelers now Comenity

Kay Jewelers is now part of Comenity Bank..(bummer)

Message 12 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kay Jewelers now Comenity

I just received a letter in the mail today stating that starting in Oct/Nov Kay will now be handles by Comenity. I imagine there web page will change when its official, the letter states that new cards will be issued for Kay Jewelers. I haven't had any issues with the comenity brand cards that I have and they give nice credit increases, now maybe I can get an increase on my Kay card, They have never given me an increase since I have had the card and I don't use it very often. I was told they would close the card if no useage in 2 yrs so I use it once every year or so. 

Message 13 of 42
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

I think in the almost 2 years I've only received 1 increase so we will see what happens once comenity takes over
Message 14 of 42
ErikaC1
New Contributor

I've only received increases twice in 2 years because i was in store making a purchase. 

Message 15 of 42
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

When I got my statement in the mail today it did not indicate that comenity would be taking over my account it just says another lender very vague
Message 16 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kay Jewelers Card --> Comenity

Yall heard, that the Kay card is being taken over by Comenity? UGH! I have a $6k limit with them, and I was not even expectng this BS! I don't want more Comenity! Aren't there any other banks out there other than Comenity and Synchrony that can get into this?
Message 17 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kay Jewelers Card --> Comenity

when can we expect information on how to register on the comenity page to start making payments through comenity? it says that on the 20th comenity takes over and on the 22nd kay wont take anymore payments for it, so how do we start setting our online accounts up through comenity????

Message 18 of 42
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

I actually called Comenity and they said they would be sending out information soon about the change I would call them I plan on calling them again I see where they have already switched to a Comenity site to pay your bill
Message 19 of 42
drboxing
Established Contributor

I haven’t received any emails but on both my Kay Jewelers and Jared cards both limits were raised to $2300 each. My initial limits were $600 on each card

Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.