Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay Jewelers message

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Kay Jewelers message

WannaHouse wrote:

I want to apply so bad, but I have several new cards this year; Cap One 4/08 and then Gap, Old Navy, and Walmart discover on 8/08.

Would you try? would you go in and try instead of online? I have to be careful since we just got approved to buy a house and still need to find one.

Acckk! Where will your joy be in 5 years? A piece of plastic, or your own home??

Don't rock the boat. Stop reading the Credit Cards board for a while, if that's what it takes. Many, many people have commented how addictive this particular board can be, and how easily their plans get messed up by getting swept up in app fever, just from reading here.

I want to read about how much you love your new home, not about a CC.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got instant approval 1500, 600 scores.

Message 22 of 29
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@WannaHouse wrote:

I want to apply so bad, but I have several new cards this year; Cap One 4/08 and then Gap, Old Navy, and Walmart discover on 8/08.

Would you try? would you go in and try instead of online? I have to be careful since we just got approved to buy a house and still need to find one.

Acckk! Where will your joy be in 5 years? A piece of plastic, or your own home??

Don't rock the boat. Stop reading the Credit Cards board for a while, if that's what it takes. Many, many people have commented how addictive this particular board can be, and how easily their plans get messed up by getting swept up in app fever, just from reading here.

I want to read about how much you love your new home, not about a CC.

Thanks Hauling!! I needed that more than anything!! Smiley Happy

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 23 of 29
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hope you don't mind --it's just that sometimes I read something that makes my hair stand up!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 24 of 29
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

WannaHouse, I agree with Hauling, mainly because you haven't found a house yet, and who knows if they will repull scores and such.

This board IS addictive.  I have a new mortgage and haven't apped for anything in YEARS, and apped for three cards this month, but as a way to build my score.  I paid off all of my current cards prior to apping for more, and will follow the  "9% Util" rule, even though I see all kinds ofthings I want for the house--I am being very careful in want vs need anaysis..  Smiley Happy  Definitely get the house and then worry about everything else.  

Congrats again on your HOME approval! WAY better than a CC!  Smiley Happy

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 25 of 29
guydiver
Established Contributor

WannaHouse: The sales person at Kay said it is better to apply in-store than on-line. It is very simple, and very fast. One particular item though. They wanted to know monthly Take-home-pay. Not gross mo. or yr. income as on most apps I have ever seen. But, you might want to reconsider since you were approved for the mortgage. From what I have read, that will not be the only INQ they will pull on you, depending on who you finance with. They can and probably will do another pull before you close, even if it is a soft, to see what your profile is since you were approved, to see if it has changed.....as in your debt profile, or even POTENTIAL profile has changed. Just a thought.
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well, it looks like I may have been denied.  I just knew I had it since they asked me all those security questions.  Do you know if they recon?

Kawgirl, if this is something you really want, then sure, give them a call. If you have a store nearby, they may have someone you can speak with there, who can relay any issues to the credit department. They did so with me when I was discussing my poopie $700 CL. And YES, income was the factor in my case. I am on SSDI and get a bit over 15k a year.

The sales girl saw SSDI for income listed in my notes and she asked if I was still on disability. (unfortunately, yes) She explained I could also have my husband apply and we can join the accounts later, since I could not use HHI. This is something I may look into doing later, but he can have his own account for now. She said since I made a purchase and paid it off, that they will do an auto increase after having the account 10 months. I opened mine in March, so, it won't be much longer, hopefully.

But Call them! They were nice to me in the store, but did do a bit of grilling over the phone. I applied online and I think they take their security seriously. Which is a good thing. Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Well, it looks like I may have been denied.  I just knew I had it since they asked me all those security questions.  Do you know if they recon?

Kawgirl, if this is something you really want, then sure, give them a call. If you have a store nearby, they may have someone you can speak with there, who can relay any issues to the credit department. They did so with me when I was discussing my poopie $700 CL. And YES, income was the factor in my case. I am on SSDI and get a bit over 15k a year.

The sales girl saw SSDI for income listed in my notes and she asked if I was still on disability. (unfortunately, yes) She explained I could also have my husband apply and we can join the accounts later, since I could not use HHI. This is something I may look into doing later, but he can have his own account for now. She said since I made a purchase and paid it off, that they will do an auto increase after having the account 10 months. I opened mine in March, so, it won't be much longer, hopefully.

But Call them! They were nice to me in the store, but did do a bit of grilling over the phone. I applied online and I think they take their security seriously. Which is a good thing. Smiley Wink

Thanks stef37!  I actually just got my denial letter in the mail and it said the reason for denial  was "Unable to verify identity as required by theft/fraud alert."  I called the 800# listed on the letter and they said to go to the store with my SSN, driver's license, and a recent paystub.  Do you think once they check all this info at the store that I will be approved?

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks stef37!  I actually just got my denial letter in the mail and it said the reason for denial  was "Unable to verify identity as required by theft/fraud alert."  I called the 800# listed on the letter and they said to go to the store with my SSN, driver's license, and a recent paystub.  Do you think once they check all this info at the store that I will be approved?

It sure sounds like they will. Otherwise, I don't think they would bother wasting your time and theirs to go bring this information. Like I said previously, they do take the security seriously. Good luck and I am sure you will be fine. They have lots of sales going on too!
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.