Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay Jewelers what does this mean?

tag
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

Kay Jewelers what does this mean?

I applied for a Kay's card and received the following response:

Thank you for your interest in Kay Credit.  Your application is currently under review.  You will receive an email from Kay.com giving you an application status update within one hour.

Is this good or bad?

I have 2 positive accts on TU and 1 paid CO from 2004. I believe they pull TU. My score is 612.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
keith021
Regular Contributor

Re: Kay Jewelers what does this mean?

You should be receving a email from them within a hour with your results. I received one within 10 minutes...

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 18
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

I received the same response, I actually had to call them and the rep asked me a few questions for verification and then approved me for $800 CL.

10/17/09: FICO TU:667/EQ:610  EX:649 (FAKO)            11/12/09: FICO TU:663/EQ:595   EX:639 (FAKO)

New accts. CapOne, Zales, Kays, Macy's                     New accts. opened at the same time, I'm assuming that's reason for my score drop

11/22/09 EQ:601(updated today)                  

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 3 of 18
susieqj
Regular Contributor

I got the same message today....when I checked back I was approved for $1,500...from Kay. I applied for a Jared card since they are owned by the same company and was approved for $1,500... I am in NYC. They pull Equifax my Fico score is 611.   I hope you were approved...

Susie...

Message 4 of 18
nicktheman
Regular Contributor

I got the same message today.  They called me within 20 minutes because of a fraud alert placed on my credit report.  They verified a few items on my credit and said I would receive an email with my limit which was $5000.  Woohoo!
7/23/2009 eq 650 tu 676
7/13/2009 EQ 642 TU 658
6/15/2009 EQ 631 TU 629 EX 623 (Lender Pulled)
2/8/2009 EQ 609 TU 589
10/7/2007 EQ 498 TU 507
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gibran wrote:

I received the same response, I actually had to call them and the rep asked me a few questions for verification and then approved me for $800 CL.       

Same here

CB

Message 6 of 18
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

i received you'll getletter in mail answerSmiley Sad
Message 7 of 18
DI
Super Contributor

@mnegron1969 wrote:

Good luck. Remember to recon if you're denied.  

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mnegron1969 wrote:

No doesn't always mean no in the form of getting a letter in the mail it just means you might want to call and ask them to reconsider their decision and look at it again. This happened too me with Discover a year ago, denied online letter came I called them three times and finally got someone to manually review the application and my reports *approved* if $4,500 a bit small but Discover is known to be that way. So when you get your letter if it is a denial call and ask them to reconsider.

Just a few thoughts on this....

Message 9 of 18
lovinmyfico
Contributor

I applied and got a message that will receive within 20 days, called and was told that they couldn't verify my address, not sure why, since my address on all three reports are current and correct, she said to go to the store and bring id, mail with my addy on it, confused about this. 

Anyone approved after providing this info, my equifax is 640 tu is 641

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.