Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay Jewelers what does this mean?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kay Jewelers what does this mean?

Gypsystravels wrote:

I applied and got a message that will receive within 20 days, called and was told that they couldn't verify my address, not sure why, since my address on all three reports are current and correct, she said to go to the store and bring id, mail with my addy on it, confused about this. 

Anyone approved after providing this info, my equifax is 640 tu is 641

I know this is off-topic, but I find it humorous that your username is gypsy and they couldn't verify your address...

Message 11 of 18
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Gypsystravels wrote:

I applied and got a message that will receive within 20 days, called and was told that they couldn't verify my address, not sure why, since my address on all three reports are current and correct, she said to go to the store and bring id, mail with my addy on it, confused about this. 

Anyone approved after providing this info, my equifax is 640 tu is 641

I know this is off-topic, but I find it humorous that your username is gypsy and they couldn't verify your address...

ROFLMAO!!!  i never noticed that!  HA HA HA HA!!!

Message 12 of 18
swins24
New Contributor

Re: Kay Jeweler's what does this mean?

I had to take my ID to the kay's store as well  the sells guy called the processing center and gave them info off my dl id. Then he put me on the phone and they ask me about twenty questions about things on my cr like previous address's and things like that. I was approved for 3000 on the spot the sells guy tried his best to sell me something but I was in no rush to buy this was last Monday I got the card Saturday.

Message 13 of 18
lovinmyfico
Contributor

You guys are a hilarous bunch Smiley Wink...but it's true, I have moved around a bit but have had the current address for more than 5 years..

Thank you swins24 for answering my question, I'll take the requested info to the nearest store.  Just want the card to help my util %, don't really plan to use it much. 

Message 14 of 18
swins24
New Contributor

No prob gyp let us know how it went afterwards and share your experience with us so others will no what to expect.

Message 15 of 18
lovinmyfico
Contributor

UPDATE:

Was approved with a really nice limite, yay for me!

They pulled EQ

Message 16 of 18
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

I think it means your credit line is reported as $4000 but you can charge up to $5300 on it. I purchased an engagement ring recently from JAREDS and even though my credit limit was $1300 they allowed me to charge close to 2 grand on it.

Message 17 of 18
Fivesixsix

I applied today for kay's credit for holiday jewelery and got the 1 hour response message.

About 1 hour later I got a call from the account rep and he asked me questions about where I lived previously and past employers.

I answered them and he said I would receive an email with the results of my application.

He sounded very monotone and robotic and I thought I would be denied.

10 minutes later an email popped up saying I had been approved for 3k. 

My scores today are:

TU: 647

EQ: 645

EX: 609

Have 10 recent inquiries

Seems like easy credit to get.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.