cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay Jewellers is on my BAD- Never again list!!

tag
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Re: Kay Jewellers is on my BAD- Never again list!!

yeah....they can go blow......gosh this rebuilding journey can be soooooooo frustrating sometimes!

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh! I'm sorry you had to go through that - I'd have had (angry/frustrated/generally wronged) tears welling up in my eyes after all that, too!

If I were you I'd be finding contact info for the highest-up high-up-person at Kay's that I possibly could, and making sure they get to hear about the craptastic treatment I'd received at the hands of their appalling employees. Seriously.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

fevmlo wrote:

If I were you I'd be finding contact info for the highest-up high-up-person at Kay's that I possibly could, and making sure they get to hear about the craptastic treatment I'd received at the hands of their appalling employees. Seriously.

Yep, that's what I would be doing. You are going to be a lawyer right?  Get some practice and send them one heck of a letter and I'd also demand that they remove those inquiries or atleast recode them to softs. (They may not do it, but what the heck, say it anyway!)
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im sorry to hear that. I was thinking about applying there, but I would probably melt down inside the store if something like this happened to me. There should be NO excuse for more than one initial hard INQ upon opening a new acct. Everything there after should have been soft. I think you should raise hell and see what they can do for you.

Don't get me wrong, I know some CC pull a hard INQ for CLI, only with your permission. Just for an AR, it should have been soft.

Their CSR sounds like a bunch of half-wits, and after reading this I will not do business with them.
Message 14 of 16
Bella1980
Established Contributor

You know I do not trust this company at all. I really believe that they lie.

I worked at a government agency this summer and my desk/cubicle was near the front of the office. All the office staff really really liked me and we would always chat and joke around.

I know for a fact that they never called my employment phone number to verify my employment there nor did they call the professor who I also work for at the university (I gave Kays both phone numbers).

I really wouldn't recommend them. I can still picture the nasty looks that the store clerks gave me when my card was DECLINED.

No-one apologised to me in the store or on the phone for wasting my time,pulling my credit, and for closing my account. I do not like the way they do business and I would not trust my credit to them.

I do NOT recommend Kays and I will be writing letters of complaint for the shabby and shoddy treatment I was given and for all the credit pulls.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 16
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

I feel the same way about these A-H*&*$.  They would not approve me due to the fact that approx. 17 years ago I had a card that they backed that I owed $90.00 and did not pay.  I don't even remember this account.  WILL NEVER STEP IN THERE AGAIN!!!
CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.