Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay Jewlers

tag
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Re: Kay Jewlers

Hi, To be honest I dont remember how much points i received on credit score when i got the kays card. Sorry.

Message 11 of 16
laz98
Senior Contributor

back to your original question, no, i don't think other creditors will now be more generous because of your success with kays.  it's just a store card.  maybe other store cards will give you an increase, but i can't say for sure.  good luck!

Message 12 of 16
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

How long have you had your Macy's card? I imagine with the Macy's card your performance with them will speak louder than your credit limit with other stores. Meaning that if you purchase stuff from Macy's and consistently make on time payments then in time you'll see a credit line increase.. That's what happened to me with Bloomingdale's. I started out with a credit limit of only $100.. A couple months later I asked for an increase and the representative told me they could only bump me up to $200 so I took it and thanked them. Without even asking for one they recently gave me a $1300 increase. I was SHOCKED. I opened the account back in September 2009. My Macy's card is the same age and has a credit line of $300. I want to pay off the balance quickly and wait to see what kind of luv they give me.

Message 13 of 16
eparker
Frequent Contributor

What scores are Kay Jewlers looking for????

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 16
charmcity
New Contributor

eparker, I actually just called them and they told me they "look at your overall credit picture" when I asked the woman what scores they were looking for... my current Equifax score is 602 and I was debating on applying since I saw people with lower scores being approved, but I think I am going to wait a few months.

Message 15 of 16
benben7
Regular Contributor

Hello there,

I have been reading the forums like you and today I deceided to apply online. I was approved for a 2000.00 credit card. It was very easy and they said the credit card will arrive in 7 to 10 days.

Starting Score: TU 675 EX 643
Current Score: TU 702 EX 677
Goal Score: TU 730 EX 730

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.