cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay jeweler's! I was mad and applied and got approved!

tag
anemo
Contributor

Re: Kay jeweler's! I was mad and applied and got approved!

No luck calling SAMs, I will try back later but the lady gave me some bs comments as to why. She sad I have to establish my credit again! I said what I went from bk to 300 score to a 700 and no balances/debt. To re-establish what? She told me she was looking at my credit report and I said so was I.. The letter said they pulled EQ but she said she's looking at TU and I said again so was I. Shecouldnt really sAy anything real reason until she found the Dumest thing. Some of your accounts sayin dispute!! WTF!! I'm not buying a house and resides they have no balance, lates paid. She said it was all system ran and there's nothing she can do. Oh well!! I will get those comments remove and wait until they come calling.. The walmart card I don't know if it will Bethesda same out come. She did sY it a different process.. Any other suggestions?

Starting Score: 300 TU 300 EX
Current Score: 704 TU EX 700
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband and I are rebuilding our credit. One issue he has is that he doesn't have a Visa/Mast CC, so after 2 years of no applying we gave it a shot and did the pre-qualify for a Capital One. Instantly approved for $1000! I thought, well, what the hay and applied too, $500 instant approval.

It's worth a shot.

Message 12 of 13
anemo
Contributor

UPDATE!! 

Wow!! I guess my bad day turned a little good.  Haven't heard anything about my IPAD or $$ however I went to pay Kay a visit yesterday knowing I had the credit with them just to see what kind of sales pitch they threw at me.  They are trained to ask you to apply, I guess most of their money is made on the interest on purchases.  Any hoo! After the half naked women in the store with her ladys all out tried to get me to buy another watch which I went looking for any way I gave her my id because for some reason she didn't believe me when I said I have a $200 credit line(I was just joking around with her)   After she looked me up and came back to me and said you look good in some diamond earrings.. Go figure!!Smiley Wink  Also she said they placed a message on my account asking if I needed additional credit.  No way, They didn't!!!  She asked if I wanted $10k, I said for what?  Her reply was I guess there's something in your credit they like and will offer you more.  I said well if they like to offer me more why didn't they just give me $10k at first?  Her reply again was I'm new and most people seek credit when getting married and seek that $7k diamond ring.  It turns out that my limit is for $5,600 with option to increase based on the purchase.  I could get $10k if I wanted too!! Smiley Very Happy

The one thing to remember about Kay outside form other credit cards is that most cards minimum payment is around $15 to $20 bucks with KAY they set up based on their percentage and standard minimum payment. That means buying my watch at $350 my payment is $35, buying something within $7k will make it $500 minimum. A MONTH!  That's a car note!!  I will not pay this off by the end of this month (Oct) but will make a few payment to them and pay it off within 2 to 3 months because I'm told that will give me a raise in CL within 3 to four months to the $7500 mark.  Kay is good to have to help with obtaining other high credit limits from other companies. I want the same with a Visa/MC.  My plan is too apply for a card after the new year and all  balances are zero hopefully seeing this and other cards being at zero someone (don't know who) will be the first to cross me over to the $5k mark. 

I also called back SAMs Club back door number and was told that by my accounts comments having anything saying dispute they look at that as negative even if they are paid in full no balance it doesn't matter.  The four cards I do have, have comments but I quickly had them removed from my reports.  Experian I called and the lady said she could put in a request to remove them without going to HSBC, this morning I got the email saying they been removed. TU I think did the same.  EQ I had to put in a dispute so I'm waiting on that outcome.  I guess you need the comments to be clean for a house and credit cards as well.  Come to think about it when I went looking for a car back in July the manager said something about my accounts in dispute.  FYI remove them!!

Starting Score: 300 TU 300 EX
Current Score: 704 TU EX 700
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.