Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay's CLI question

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Kay's CLI question

Anyone have success getting CLI from them? is it a new pull or do they have an automated thing to do it?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Kay's CLI question

I have not tried. They gave me $5K cl and I have never needed more than that especially with the rate of interest they charge on the card.
Message 2 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:
I have not tried. They gave me $5K cl and I have never needed more than that especially with the rate of interest they charge on the card.

i have always purchased everything on 0% financing offers......do you not have that option?  i am not exactly sure what my interest rate is; i should really find out!

on another note, i have a $4800 CL, i'd really like to make it a round 5K!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called them the other day and they said they prefer to see a years worth of use before you ask, I've only had mine about 3-4 months. I'm going to give them a few more months and try again, all they can do is say 'no'. I didn't think to ask if they did hard pulls. BTW, I also told them I was hesitant to buy a lot of jewelry in the current economy and how long can an account be idle before they take AA. She said it was usually 18-24 months, but (like everything else) that may change. At least I don't have to buy my son earrings or my ex-wife pearls every 3 months. 
Message 4 of 10
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I got a card from a local jewerly store about 9 years ago. It was my first revolving account. That store eventually sold to Kays last year. I'm also at a $5000 CL.

I've had that card for close to 10 years, so maybe I can get a CLI. I need to do something to show some activity on that account since it's my oldest, but there's hardly anything cheap in a jewelry store. 

Here we go again...
Message 5 of 10
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

They raise CLs after one year, but you can go into a store after you have had the account for ten months and they will consider a CLI upon request.  This is what they told me.  I did just that, and they raised me from $2K to $3K.  I didn't have to buy anything.  (I was in the process of paying for something over about six months, though, and only spent about $450 on that purchase.)
Frequent Contributor

I really dont know i opened a kays back in nov 08 and got 7500 credit limit. Will never use that much! IF they give me one fine but probably wont ask for one. Bought husband a movado watch for christmas. Paying on that now trying to get that paid by two more months hate paying interest at the time i really didnt have the 20% down to get the 0% for 12 mths.At the time my equifax was 693 now its down to 671 because of high utili on three credit cards.
Message 7 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

FretlessMayhem wrote:

I got a card from a local jewerly store about 9 years ago. It was my first revolving account. That store eventually sold to Kays last year. I'm also at a $5000 CL.

I've had that card for close to 10 years, so maybe I can get a CLI. I need to do something to show some activity on that account since it's my oldest, but there's hardly anything cheap in a jewelry store

i think i remember seeing a post where the kay's card holder mentioned that they charged a watch cleaning/ tune up and/ or a new watch battery to their card to keep it reporting.  

i remember thinking at the time that i might app one if i could do inexpensive watch maintenance to keep it alive.  never did app. but seems like relatively useful and inexpensive 'show activity' purchases if they do permit them to be placed on their card.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 10
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

They actually have some decent priced items in the clearence section at the Kay's website.
Message 9 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

currently they have only 5 items for 50 or less in clearance.  none of them seem worth it (microscopic gold  pendants)
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.