Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay's Jewelers card reporting incorrectly

tag
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Kay's Jewelers card reporting incorrectly

I have a kay's jewelery card that had a $102 balance, I PIF last month and they just updated my CR's, but they are still showing a balance of $102 when it should be showing a $0 balance for this card. Can I contact Kay's and ask that they update my CR to show the correct balance right now?

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
orl2185
Established Contributor

Re: Kay's Jewelers card reporting incorrectly

Remember most creditors report on a 30 day delay cycle. They most likely reporting in that manner.
Message 2 of 10
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Hi Gibran...is there a credit-seeking reason that you need it reported right away? Is this $102 balance a make or break deal? If so, you can call them. You may just get the standard "it'll update" comment, however.

If you just want it updated to know if it helps your score, just give it time.

Message 3 of 10
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Yep it was basically just a score thing, I'm not app'ing for any new credit anytime soon, I just like seeing a $0 balance when I'm looking at my CR Smiley Very Happy. I'll just let wait and let it update since I won't be using the card no time soon. Thanks for responses

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
Message 4 of 10
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Hey...Gibran...

I totally understand. We're all curious.

I've learned not to mess with things if I don't have to. I know this isn't about disputing, but one month, with one of the CRAs, I disputed an account showing up twice. It had a balance on the card, and it bothered me that the balance was counted twice in my utilization. I wasn't apping for credit or anything...just my OCD kicking in. Well, they deleted both listings. I've never seen that account back on that credit report since.

I don't dispute or ask a creditor to change reporting unless it's vital that it happens now. You never know what button they're going to push, and...often...you are left with trying to re-fix it, which is a lot tougher than waiting to see if it resolves on its own.

Message 5 of 10
orl2185
Established Contributor

+1 Perfect example of waking up sleeping giants. Seems that we all been bitten by that bug one time or another.
Message 6 of 10
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Lynette/Orl

You're both right about that, I've already been in that situation before also. Even showing a $102 balance it's not really hurting my score since I have a decent CL on the card so my util is still pretty low. If it isn't broke....we all know the rest  Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 10
jordy
Contributor

i have noticed though on my kay card the last 4 months or so its been behind in reporting... it used to show 3-5 days after my statement date the balance that was on my statement....now it seems its always 7-10 days after statement date and a month behind on my statement balance...weird...

Starting Score: EQ 623 (1/28/10) TU 666 (1/28/10)
Current Score:  EQ 666 (3/4/10) TU 708 (3/4/10)
Goal Score:    EQ 680TU 700
Message 8 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

yeah, my kay card just updated, but for some reason, they didn't update my balance, for some reason!  but for me, it's a good thing, because it's still showing as $0 Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 10
michaels88369
Frequent Contributor

Kay Jewelers only updates their balance info on the 22nd of each month.
Credit conscience!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.