Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay's update credit report?

tag
remarc
Regular Contributor

Kay's update credit report?

I recently got approved for Kay's credit card. $5100 limit.

I got approved on the 6th & it's still not showing on my credit report as a trade line. Will this only happen when I use it? Or I think I read somewhere they only update on the 23rd of each month.

Also. I read about if your approved for Kay's u can apply for Jared's & you will get approved for the same amount. Which I did. Will this show up as two $5100 tread lines?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Re: Kay's update credit report?

@remarc wrote:

I got approved on the 6th & it's still not showing on my credit report as a trade line. Will this only happen when I use it? Or I think I read somewhere they only update on the 23rd of each month.

Also. I read about if your approved for Kay's u can apply for Jared's & you will get approved for the same amount. Which I did. Will this show up as two $5100 tread lines?

Congrats on your increase give it time it will show up. the tradelines will show up as 2550 each on each account!

Message 2 of 14
remarc
Regular Contributor

If I got just the one! Say I didn't apply for the Jared card would of it show as $5100?
Message 3 of 14
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

@remarc wrote:
If I got just the one! Say I didn't apply for the Jared card would of it show as $5100?

yes it would

Message 4 of 14
remarc
Regular Contributor

This might sound dumb. Should I close one of them so it reports $5100 ?

Surely that looks better on my report rather than $2550

Message 5 of 14
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

@remarc wrote:
This might sound dumb. Should I close one of them so it reports $5100 ?

Surely that looks better on my report rather than $2550

No it's not a dumb question honestly it looks better on your report to you it really does not make a big difference because when they report it the numbers will remain the same regardless if you have 1 account or two regardless if it is kay or jared. Hope this helps. 

Message 6 of 14
chnceit
Valued Contributor

I honestly would have one tradeline reporting with a higher limit and show a high balance with low UTI reporting IMO

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 7 of 14
remarc
Regular Contributor

For sure? Shall I wait till they report & see what the limit is ?

Or just go ahead and cancel it before it reports.

Be nice to have two trade lines showing $5100

I'm buying my fiancé engagement ring, really don't need both.
Message 8 of 14
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@remarc wrote:
For sure? Shall I wait till they report & see what the limit is ?

Or just go ahead and cancel it before it reports.

Be nice to have two trade lines showing $5100

I'm buying my fiancé engagement ring, really don't need both.

Congrats on your upcoming engagment! Sorry I dont have much experience with Kays reporting but to be proacitve I would call them before canceling anything

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 9 of 14
john398
Senior Contributor

@remarc wrote:

So is it the 23rd that all cards report or does iot depend on  the statement cut date?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.