Regular Contributor
remarc

Kay's update credit report?

I recently got approved for Kay's credit card. $5100 limit.

I got approved on the 6th & it's still not showing on my credit report as a trade line. Will this only happen when I use it? Or I think I read somewhere they only update on the 23rd of each month.

Also. I read about if your approved for Kay's u can apply for Jared's & you will get approved for the same amount. Which I did. Will this show up as two $5100 tread lines?

Frequent Contributor
wallyworld123

Re: Kay's update credit report?

remarc wrote:

I got approved on the 6th & it's still not showing on my credit report as a trade line. Will this only happen when I use it? Or I think I read somewhere they only update on the 23rd of each month.

Also. I read about if your approved for Kay's u can apply for Jared's & you will get approved for the same amount. Which I did. Will this show up as two $5100 tread lines?

Congrats on your increase give it time it will show up. the tradelines will show up as 2550 each on each account!

Regular Contributor
remarc

If I got just the one! Say I didn't apply for the Jared card would of it show as $5100?
Frequent Contributor
wallyworld123

remarc wrote:
If I got just the one! Say I didn't apply for the Jared card would of it show as $5100?

yes it would

Regular Contributor
remarc

This might sound dumb. Should I close one of them so it reports $5100 ?

Surely that looks better on my report rather than $2550

Frequent Contributor
wallyworld123

remarc wrote:
This might sound dumb. Should I close one of them so it reports $5100 ?

Surely that looks better on my report rather than $2550

No it's not a dumb question honestly it looks better on your report to you it really does not make a big difference because when they report it the numbers will remain the same regardless if you have 1 account or two regardless if it is kay or jared. Hope this helps. 

Valued Contributor
chnceit

I honestly would have one tradeline reporting with a higher limit and show a high balance with low UTI reporting IMO

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Regular Contributor
remarc

For sure? Shall I wait till they report & see what the limit is ?

Or just go ahead and cancel it before it reports.

Be nice to have two trade lines showing $5100

I'm buying my fiancé engagement ring, really don't need both.
Valued Contributor
chnceit

remarc wrote:
For sure? Shall I wait till they report & see what the limit is ?

Or just go ahead and cancel it before it reports.

Be nice to have two trade lines showing $5100

I'm buying my fiancé engagement ring, really don't need both.

Congrats on your upcoming engagment! Sorry I dont have much experience with Kays reporting but to be proacitve I would call them before canceling anything

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Senior Contributor
john398

remarc wrote:

So is it the 23rd that all cards report or does iot depend on  the statement cut date?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}