Did you mean: 

Kays Instant Approval

tag
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

Re: Kays Instant Approval

@rom828 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied online and only got an $800 limit.  How often do they give CLI?

Wow!  I don't want to risk applying only to receive such a low CL.  Maybe these other posters applied in-store and/or for a purchase and thus received higher limits.

Any of you that got these high CLs...could you please chime in with more info:  method of apping, scores and baddies, utilization, HHI etc that may have influenced the CL decision

After reading these posts, I decided to apply online. I have 3 baddies from 6 years ago. They were all settled and paid but are still hurting my score, Aanyway I was approved for $2000 CL. My score is 662.
Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanted to spread my good news too Smiley Very Happy

My DH and me went to Kay's yesterday.....he has a EX score of 567 and got approved for $550 CL, I applied too.....I have a ex score of 641 and got approved for $6500 !!!

Good Luck!

Message 12 of 22
happy0510
Established Contributor

Wow....please answer rom828's question! I'm soooo curious to know! I need another TL badly!
Message Edited by happy0510 on 06-18-2009 09:50 AM

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 22
QueenBean
Regular Contributor

I went online, put a $90 pair of earrings in my cart & then applied.  I don't know if that made a difference or not, but I'm thrilled and will LOVE those earrings!!!!
Message Edited by QueenBean on 06-18-2009 09:55 AM

Starting Score: 527
Current Score: 679
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I was approved online it said that my credit was available for immediate use.  Does that mean online only or in the store as well?
Message 15 of 22
mal007colm
Valued Member

I applied online I did not even know you have better chance of getting approved in store. They pulled my credit report because it asked questions about my credit. I have only applied for this and a Home Depot Card in the last 2 year so I was very happy. I intend to make a purchase at the store shortly.

Starting Score: TU 560
Current Score: TU 750 EQ 731 EX 728?
Goal Score: TU 750+ EQ 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

no purchase here......just went in and applied.  they always say in store apps are better, can't remember why, though.

i believe once you get the card you can purchase on line if approved in store.  i saw the paper w/ my limit on it and he said if i wanted to buy something before i got my card, to come to the store.

my unerstanding though from another thread was you need to purchase something in two yrs or they decrease your CL....

good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 22
jennordy
New Contributor

I got approved for Kay's and two weeks later for Jared.  It is my understanding that each report as a separate TL on your credit report with the full limit of each, but you actually share the limit between the stores since they are affiliated.  I applied online, and got $2000 limit for each one.  You do not have to buy something right away to get the card.

1)  Online

2)  592 (EQ) BK discharged 3/09 - 3 public records (2 BKs and a satisfied judgment); 12 negative accounts (but all zero due to BK); 1 $710 collection still showing a balance although it is incorrect, 2 positive student loans.

3)  Zero for revolving accounts.

4)  $69,300/yr.

FICO® 8 Scores: 10/16: TU 592 -- EQ 579 -- EX 573; 11/16: TU 626 -- EQ 614 -- EX 605; 12/16: TU 606 -- EQ 589 -- EX 594
FICO® Mortgage Scores: 10/16: TU 588 -- EQ 567 -- EX 566
10/16: Negatives: 10 charge-offs; 7 collections (one "closed"); 1 Ch. 7 BK (filed 12/2008)
Positives: 2 Cap1s; Nordstrom; 4 Comenity store cards; Amazon store card, Care Credit, 76 gas card, and F21 Visa; 2 student loans
Message 18 of 22
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

I went on line to purchase my Experian score and report and it said that it was an Experian Plus score. Is that a true score or a fake score? I'm interested in apping for Kays. I went to experian.com is that where I get the score?
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@favor4me2 wrote:
I went on line to purchase my Experian score and report and it said that it was an Experian Plus score. Is that a true score or a fake score? I'm interested in apping for Kays. I went to experian.com is that where I get the score?

Unfortunately, since Feb.'09 we aren't able to buy our true EX Fico score. Any EX score you purchase now is a FAKO.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.