Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep Both Arrival Cards?

tag
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Keep Both Arrival Cards?

Hello -

Just want some insight here.  I have 2 Barclay Arrival Cards -  1.  Arrival Premier No Annual Fee - $6200 CL -  2. Arrival World $89 annual fee - $7500.  I received the latter just a week ago or so, whereas I have had my Premier card (PCed USA Airways ) for almost 2 years now.  Barcly said that I could combine the CLs and keep the World card - And this is what I was planning to do in a few months.  Doing so will almost double my CL, but I will loose the card history -   Another good thing about combining them is I will have one less card to carry.  Currently, I have 5 cards - more than enough for me.

I know some of the benefits of combining the accounts - but can someone tell me what might be some benefits of keeping the two cards?  Thanks 

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Keep Both Arrival Cards?

@Changingmantra wrote:

Hello -

Just want some insight here.  I have 2 Barclay Arrival Cards -  1.  Arrival Premier No Annual Fee - $6200 CL -  2. Arrival World $89 annual fee - $7500.  I received the latter just a week ago or so, whereas I have had my Premier card (PCed USA Airways ) for almost 2 years now.  Barcly said that I could combine the CLs and keep the World card - And this is what I was planning to do in a few months.  Doing so will almost double my CL, but I will loose the card history -   Another good thing about combining them is I will have one less card to carry.  Currently, I have 5 cards - more than enough for me.

I know some of the benefits of combining the accounts - but can someone tell me what might be some benefits of keeping the two cards?  Thanks 

If Barclay is willing to combine CL I would go that path

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.