Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping Cards Active - Would This Count

tag
ObieGrad
Valued Member

Keeping Cards Active - Would This Count

I am trying to figure out if I need to do anything else to keep the following cards active:

Macy's Amex - I don't really shop at Macy's but I do use the Amex portion of this card with some Amex sync deals.  Would this be considered keeping my account active, even if I don't use the specific Macy's credit line?

United Visa - I have the .5 mile per dollar United Visa.  I really have no use for this card but I have it set up as an emergency overdraft line on my checking account.  Do I need to keep the card active or is this likely good enough?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

Re: Keeping Cards Active - Would This Count

@ObieGrad wrote:

I am trying to figure out if I need to do anything else to keep the following cards active:

Macy's Amex - I don't really shop at Macy's but I do use the Amex portion of this card with some Amex sync deals.  Would this be considered keeping my account active, even if I don't use the specific Macy's credit line?

United Visa - I have the .5 mile per dollar United Visa.  I really have no use for this card but I have it set up as an emergency overdraft line on my checking account.  Do I need to keep the card active or is this likely good enough?

Likely yes to the first, no to the second.

Message 2 of 3
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Re: Keeping Cards Active - Would This Count

@nachoslibres wrote:

@ObieGrad wrote:

Likely yes to the first, no to the second.

+1.  I had a BofA visa that was used as overdraft and closed for no activity.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.