Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my Sapphire credit line

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Keeping my Sapphire credit line

I had CSP about one year and did not use it too much. To me, the AF is not worth it. I downgraded it yesterday to a regular Sapphire in case I would need it in the future. Currently, I have BoA Travel Rewards if I need a card w/o FTF. It's not a bad card. For some reasons, it does NOT make it into the popular lists. BoA's CS is pretty good too.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Re: Keeping my Sapphire credit line

Good for you. Keep what you need.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good that you evaluate your needs and change products. Have done similar changes with Citi to fit the product to my needs.
Message 3 of 11
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I just talked to the rep and she told me that my regular Sapphire was not eligible to PC to a CSP in the future. I transferred all the credit line, excepted $500, to my Freedom and closed the account. She also told me that my Freedom was eligible if I wanted to. Well, not now...Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 11
Luscher
Valued Contributor

That's pretty stupid that you wouldn't be able to pc it in the future but you could on the Freedom. Oh well
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 5 of 11
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Some are finding the csp okay, some are downgrading csp for dining benefits, and some are finding the arrival or arrival + satisfactory replacement for csp.

Personally, my sis signed up for SWA rapid rewards. I priced tickets using my credit union vs. southwests site (but don't have access to Sw rapid rewards), and my tickets cheaper for non- stop vs any version of Sw airlines,

In this case, pun intended, YMMV.
Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 11
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
Some are finding the csp okay, some are downgrading csp for dining benefits, and some are finding the arrival or arrival + satisfactory replacement for csp.

Personally, my sis signed up for SWA rapid rewards. I priced tickets using my credit union vs. southwests site (but don't have access to Sw rapid rewards), and my tickets cheaper for non- stop vs any version of Sw airlines,

In this case, pun intended, YMMV.

Actually, if you're pricing same flights on different website, the mileage is EXACTLY the same! it's the price that varies. Smiley Wink

also, what you mean by "any version of Sw airlines"?

Message 7 of 11
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

They have three categories, non stop, something with one stop, and something that begins with way. The cheapest econo, many stops was more expensive than my non stop (2 hr 45min flights), with possible Addons (I calculated those in, since I'm not the booker, though I did text the sis. Wonder what the price is like through the csp site?
Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

For some reasons, it does NOT make it into the popular lists.

Popularity isn't relevant despite how many seem to rely on it (not just with credit cards but any topic).  How well a card suits the individual is what matters.  If it works for you then use it.

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
Wonder what the price is like through the csp site?

SW isn't an option via the UR portal.  You'd have to transfer to SW and redeem via RR.  Transferring is typically the better value but in some cases the UR portal might have a better deal.

Message 9 of 11
jon22guitar
Regular Contributor

Hey, it's better to app so you can get the 45,000 sign up bonus. Can't get that with PC.
CSP 10,000, Citi Forward 3400, Barclay Arrival+ 2750, BOA Travel Rewards 2700, Discover IT 1500, Chase Freedom 1000, Crap One 500
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.