Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping the Chase Slate card?

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Keeping the Chase Slate card?

I finally paid off the balance off the card and now have a $5,000 limit on the card which has no rewards other then telling your EX FICO score. I am now getting my EX FICO from Amex so I am wondering any reason to keep this card? Wondering can i PC it to something else?  Already have a Freedom and CS

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Keeping the Chase Slate card?

@Closingracer99 wrote:

I finally paid off the balance off the card and now have a $5,000 limit on the card which has no rewards other then telling your EX FICO score. I am now getting my EX FICO from Amex so I am wondering any reason to keep this card? Wondering can i PC it to something else?  Already have a Freedom and CS

You can roll the limit into something on of your Chase cards or just let it sit there. Anything else you wanted to PC too you'd miss out on a bonus.

I thought I'd dump my Slate. It had a small limit. I ended up taking some limit from Freedom and closing Amazon Visa to raise the limit to a reasonable level and did another BT. I regretted it once I did it because the time frame is NOT the same as when the card is new. Only 6 months. Bad deal for 3%. But I had a 0% offer ending and I'd already transferred the limit, so I did it anyway. After this, I WILL close it. (Assuming it's always 6 months. I will research that first.) 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.