Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping track of credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keeping track of credit cards

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well tonight. I just wanted to get some insight on how everyone with multiple cards manage them and keep payments in line, credit limits, due dates, open dates, and so on.

I am kinda young (24) and have several cards with a total limit of 105k (income of 39k). I owe nothing as I pay them off each month (I don't spend more than what I can afford, most of them I have open are from signup bonuses, go me!!!!!).

I keep an excel sheet with the cards name, last 4 numbers, open date, annual fee, signup bonus, bonus redeemed, payment date, credit limit, and a spend requirement for signup bonuses. This works out decant for me, but want to get ideas on how to make it better or an idea on what you all are doing!

Thanks for your time and I appericate everyone who helps Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Keeping track of credit cards

You can use Mint.com. It helps very well.

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have heard of the site but have been kinda skeptical about the secuity of it...Should I be worried about it or?

Message 3 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I do a couple of things to assist me. 

First, I have all my credit accounts linked to my online profile with USAA, which gives me one screen where I can see 'everything' at the same time.  The second thing I've done is to have all my due dates changed to the middle of the month... that was the thing that made the biggest difference for me, honestly.

I like to tell folks there is a perfect system; it's called... the one that works for you!  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have heard of the site but have been kinda skeptical about the secuity of it...Should I be worried about it or?

No, you should not be worried.  Millions of people use it.  What made you skeptical? Just curious...

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess I have just been skeptical because I don't know much about their company

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm the same age as you! Haha, you have way more credit than me though. But as for your question, I use Mint as well, it's been great, but I'm paying attention to Mint itself less, and moreso have been using Mint Bills (which is a separate site, separate app, same company) they have a section in he app to see just your credit card accounts, as well as all bills like insurance, cell phone, electricity, any recurring bills. If you can't link your account you can at least manually enter the bill, but I've been abe to connect most of my accounts, only manual bill is rent. It's really useful and helps me stay on top of where my money needs to go and never forget to make a payment. Highly recommended Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Mint is a brand of a company called Intuit, the same company behind TurboTax and Quicken, they are a huge company a have pretty popular and reliable products, no need to be concerned, they are pretty secure

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok.. This is were strong research comes in especially when it is regarding finances..  So if you are worried read more about it, read customer reviews and try it out and see if it fits your needs.

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP just probably wasn't aware than intuit owned mint which is also behind turbo tax and quicken. i didn't know either hahah.

and OP i think you're overly organized but i am glad it works for you. i am 24 as well but only make $30k and don't have anywhere NEAR your CL. 1/5 what you hand ha
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.