Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping track of multiple users on the same Credit Card account

tag
SolidSnake
Established Member

Keeping track of multiple users on the same Credit Card account

Hello all,

I need some expert advice on tracking credit card expenses. I have a Chase Sapphire Card account with three cards (with same CC#) that are assigned to my dad, my sister and myself. As far as I know, there is no way of distinguishing between the transactions of each individual on the final statement. So we have to sit down every month and figure out the details of who bought what. This works but can be inconvenient and time consuming, not to mention if we don't do it for a few months in a row it can get very confusing. I emailed Chase support and they said there is no way of distinguishing transactions. The reason why I let them use my account is so I can maximize on the reward points - they don't have any cards with a rewards program so they don't mind using my card.

I hope that I am wrong and that there is an easier way of identifying transactons within Chase statement, and I have been oblivious to it this whole time. But if there isn't (that's a feature I would like Chase to add), how do myfico users keep track of transactions on cards with multiple users?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Keeping track of multiple users on the same Credit Card account

You could see about opening up an Ink anyway to catch either the restaurant or travel spend + default and be able to transfer UR around.  I think their business cards likely have what you're looking for in that but I haven't tried issuing a secondary card on mine.

        
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I take pics of my receipts before placing the alert me if I spend over 1.00-- you can do that yourself and at least save yourself the trouble, let the rest of the Charges be sorted out between ur dad and sis

but revelate is right, the business cards can distinguish who buys what because the numbers for employee cards will be different..

but, you will have to have a business.

Message 3 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@SolidSnake wrote:

how do myfico users keep track of transactions on cards with multiple users?

Use a card that offers the feature.  Transactions for specific users are noted on AmEx cards as well.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@SolidSnake wrote:

how do myfico users keep track of transactions on cards with multiple users?

Use a card that offers the feature.  Transactions for specific users are noted on AmEx cards as well.

Yep my amex does that, has a little person icon by the transaction

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love for more lenders to do that. There would be pretty much zero risk in adding a trustworthy person as AU then. I would love to make my mother an AU on a card to boost her history and give her a little more spending ability, but while she pays down and pays well above minimum, she also doesn't understand utilization no matter how much I explain, so it'd be a perfect solution for us.
Message 6 of 9
SolidSnake
Established Member

So I just called them to make sure it isn't just some hidden feature on the website or something. They confirmed that it  isn't available yet. I don't know if it will ever become available, given that I requested them to implement it months (may be over a year) ago. It's a shame; I love this card. I do have an Amex charge card, but it hasn't been used for any thing other than credit monitoring in ages, and adding AUs to the account raises the annual fee if I remember correctly. Besides, I am plannig on closing out my Amex card sometime in near future due to it's annual fee anyways. I am pretty much a novice on reward programs but Chase Sapphire program seems to be more flexible compared to Amex Green Card's program that I currently have. I think I will keep going through statements for now. The phone alert idea was nice but I am afraid it will just send an alert any time any purchase is made from any one of the three cards. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you a member of NFCU by any chance? They give out different CC numbers to AUs.

Message 8 of 9
SolidSnake
Established Member

I am not a member of NFCU. I can do that with other cards too, I wanted to know if Chase Sapphire card had that feature.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.