Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kept my HSBC MC with reduced AF

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Kept my HSBC MC with reduced AF

I have decided to keep my HSBC MC for another year. I made the deal so they reduced the AF from $39 to $19.50. I had the card for 3 years, I'll keep it for another year and let it post on my account. They also gave me $100 CL so now my new CL is $1600.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Re: Kept my HSBC MC with reduced AF

Not a bad deal at all, glad to hear that you kept the card especially if it's one of your oldest cards.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope they are as generous with my BF when his card hits its anniversary.  Congrats on both the CLI and the AF reduction.
Message 3 of 8
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Tonnie39, don't hold your breathe. They're only good for building credit, they don't grow with you.
Message 4 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

It started at $300 around 3 years ago and now it is at $1600. It is a definitely a good starter card comparing to CreditOne and several others. Looking back I dont think it is all that bad considering where I started and where I am now. As long as they keep giving me reduce AF I'll keep the card for few more years, after all it is some thing to rememeber by from where I started to where I am now.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

With a 3 year positive history on that card, and if you have kept your recent (last 3-4 years) credit clean and have worked to clean up the past, you may be ready to look at a better card.  Although a new account will lower your AAoA, this is inevitable whenever you do apply.
Message 6 of 8
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Concorduser, what other cards do you have in your arsenal? Just curious

Message 7 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

txjohn wrote:

With a 3 year positive history on that card, and if you have kept your recent (last 3-4 years) credit clean and have worked to clean up the past, you may be ready to look at a better card.  Although a new account will lower your AAoA, this is inevitable whenever you do apply.

YoungEntrepeneur wrote:

Concorduser, what other cards do you have in your arsenal? Just curious

lol, you two, concorduser is our preeminent acquirer of credit. He has enough plastic to scrape ice and snow off his windshield for a long, long time to come.

concord, congrats on successfully wrestling HSBC down to the ground! I think it's cool that you're hanging on to one to remind you where you started, and how far you've come.

edit: "dome"? cna't splel
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-27-2009 03:49 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.