Did you mean: 

KeyBank Mastercard No Hard Pull!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: KeyBank Mastercard No Hard Pull!!!

@insidious28 wrote:

Ron1,

I wouldn't worry about it cause I think Key is backed by Elan Financial Services cause I got the same message.  I think they have to forward your application to Elan Financial Services to get approved.  2 weeks after my application I got an alert from Experian about a new account added to my report.  I checked it and it was Elan Financial Services with a limit of 7000.00 and a week after that I had my card in the mail.  So I would expect the same for you.  Elan is very generous with their starting credit lines.  After 6 months I will be asking for double my credit line.  We'll see what happensSmiley Happy  By the way are they still offering 0% APR on purchases and BT for 6 months? Cause that's what I got.

Thanks for your reply.  I was afraid they're going to close my other US Banks credit cards because too many apps.  I thought Elan and US Bank are the same. I don't know what's my score. Last time, I checked it was 745 two months ago.

Ron.

Message 21 of 24
learnin113
Established Contributor

is this an easy card to get (Key Bank MC)

Message 22 of 24
insidious28
New Contributor

learnin113,

I'm not sure how easy it is to get.  I guess it all depends on what your fico score is and history.  My Experian fico at the time was 729 with no baddies and 3 hard inquiries all within a week.  Plus I had no credit cards under my own name on my report at the time but I am an authorized user on 5 of my wife's credit card accounts which was listed on all my CRA reports and all dating back to 2000 atleast.  3 other inquiries at the time of my app with Key Bank was for credit crads that I was not approved for and the reason was for not having credit experience they say.  But I reconned on those and eventually approved for 2 of them.  One was Barclays and the other Chase.  Bank of America wouldn't budge even after me tellling them "how am I suppose to have experience with credit if no one will give my a shot".  I don't think being authorized user with perfect history on those credit card accounts help that much.  It helps with fico score and all but I don't think creditors take too much stock in it.  Hope that helps.

Starting Score: EQ 686, TU 722, EX 702
Current Score: EQ 838 (01/08/14 MyFico), TU 836 (01/14/14 Wally), EX 832 (01/14/14 FNBO)
Goal Score: 800+ Across The Board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@insidious28 wrote:

Applied for a Key Bank World Mastercard last wee and just got 2 letters from them today.  One stating my Experian Fico score of 722 and the other one with my new World Mastercard with a CL of $7000.  What's odd is that I checked all my credit reports today and no hard pulls from Key Bank at all.  Weird that they would give a card without a hard pull.  But I'm not complaining just odd.

Congrats! I wish I applied for a KeyBank Platinum MasterCard than FNBO Platinum Card (wasted an inquiry that ended up on EQ)

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.