Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Khols card

tag
ginger1477
Regular Contributor

Khols card

Got a question for you guys since I couldn't get a capital one rep that could help.....

I apped for the khols card in-store cause the cashier twisted my arm by asking if I was interested (also may have lost minor self control and forgot I was trying not to get new inquires or accounts).  

Well I really have no need for it.   Was only approved for 500.00. Smiley Sad

I did get sorta happy when I saw it was backed by capital one.   Anyways my question is this:  is there a way to combine this credit line with my capital one Mastercard?   Has any one ever done this?   Has anyone really ever cared enough to do this?   Can I add the khols to my capital one username so I can view it on their site?   

Pretty please help? 

Capital One Quicksilver: 14k * Alliant: 4k * BoA: 6k * Discover 5k * Best Buy Visa: 10k * Amex BCE: 7k, Amex Everyday: 1k * Target RedCard: 9k * Walmart: 10k * Citi 2k * Care Credit: 10k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Khols card

@ginger1477 wrote:

Got a question for you guys since I couldn't get a capital one rep that could help.....

I apped for the khols card in-store cause the cashier twisted my arm by asking if I was interested (also may have lost minor self control and forgot I was trying not to get new inquires or accounts).  

I did get sorta happy when I saw it was backed by capital one.   Anyways my question is this:  is there a way to combine this credit line with my capital one Mastercard?   Has any one ever done this?   Has anyone really ever cared enough to do this?   Can I add the khols to my capital one username so I can view it on their site?   

Pretty please help? 

in short...the answer is no, you cant combine a store card with a major card. 
$500sl is the norm for Kohl's..most get $300, so consider yourself lucky. Why did you apply for the card if you didnt need or want it? You took the hit to your scores with the new inq and acct..might as well keep it at least a year. By then your limit may be $1k. 

Message 2 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

@ginger1477 wrote:

Pretty please help? 

in short...the answer is no, you cant combine a store card with a major card. 
$500sl is the norm for Kohl's..most get $300, so consider yourself lucky. Why did you apply for the card if you didnt need or want it? You took the hit to your scores with the new inq and acct..might as well keep it at least a year. By then your limit may be $1k. 

I agree with Pizza.   Sorry but no combo with your other Capital One CCs.

OP - why apply if you really have no need for it? 

Kohls can grow over time especially if you use the card somewhat oftern but it can take a while depending on the profile.  The max for the card is $3K.

Message 3 of 8
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Easy way to figure out capital one account combinations. Log into your cap one account and the accounts listed are the ones that can be combined. Co branded and serviced cards will never show up on capital ones homepage thus they can't be combined. Cards like Kohls and the GM buypower cards for example are not true cap one cards and can't benefit from combination.
Message 4 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

The 3k ceiling on this card has kept me away. 500 stArting is not bad for that card.
Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ddemari wrote:
The 3k ceiling on this card has kept me away. 500 stArting is not bad for that card.

Still a decent card IMO.  Mine has reached that ceiling but let's face it, who would want a $10K Kohl's card? Smiley Very Happy 

Message 6 of 8
slothy
Contributor

ya hell 500 is alot for khols..

i did hit the luv button last week and went from 1k to 2k
Message 7 of 8
ginger1477
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys for the answers. As for applying I'm just easy. Lol my sister was with me as well and she shops at khols often just can't qualify for their card.
I'll just do what I was planning to if I couldn't combine; give it to her to use.
Capital One Quicksilver: 14k * Alliant: 4k * BoA: 6k * Discover 5k * Best Buy Visa: 10k * Amex BCE: 7k, Amex Everyday: 1k * Target RedCard: 9k * Walmart: 10k * Citi 2k * Care Credit: 10k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.