Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Killed me to do it but...

tag
android01
Valued Contributor

Re: K illed me to do it but...

LS, what you did was one of the most sensible and bravest things I've read in these forums.  I hope others who may be facing the same dilemna are inspired by you! Smiley Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 41 of 59
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Killed me to do it but...

Bahaha!!! You broke the bong!!!?!? Well... Uhm... I haven't broken mine but I certainly don't use it :-0
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 42 of 59
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I have YNAB and It worked very well with me until I got off track. I will starting It back up tonight!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 43 of 59
jm00ser
Regular Contributor

Good Luck OP! I know how you feel! Amex and 5% rotation card are with me, all others hidden! I hope, like you, to be burdenless by the end of the year! Keep it up!

In full gardening/ debt annihilation mode! (4/15/13)
Notre Dame FCU Visa 0/2k (8/04); CapOne Best Buy 800/1.5k (7\06)
Citi Thank You World MC 4800/9.7k (1/11); Amex Zync NPSL (9/11)
Chase Freedom Visa 1600/3.8k (9/11); Chase Southwest RR Premier Visa Signature 4300/10.7k (6/12); Discover It 0/3k (7/12)
EQ: 751 (4/1/13) EX: 742 (4/8/13) TU: 732 (4/8/13)
Message 44 of 59
CS800
Super Contributor

Ray, it's a great tool.

I need to get it. I went a tad bit off track myself so I stopped using a lot of my cards.

Sometimes you want to show some activity on teh cards so you don't get a CLD but then on about 12 cards it can accumulate pretty good. I only use my NFCU day to day, Discover IT for utilities payment and USAA Amex for the gas.

Taget gets some use too but very min. My rule is to PIF from now on. Even thinking of cancelling my AMEX Plat. Is ued to travel a lot but now I don;t, so I can't think of any other reason to keep it open. Maybe I will PC it to the regular Gold. The reward structure for AMEX is lame at best.

Message 45 of 59
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
I have YNAB and It worked very well with me until I got off track. I will starting It back up tonight!

Yes I know it is hard to stay on track with it. I have done the same thing so do not feel bad...  Smiley Happy

With the help of that program, we were able to re-align things and we paid off $72,000 in credit card debt. It did not happen over night, but we did it.

Now we are debt free with the exception of the house and I still use the program on a daily basis.

I am glad you have it and will crank it back up. You may want to "Make a fresh start"...

That will make things eaiser. KUDOS for doing this!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 46 of 59
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Ray, it's a great tool.

I need to get it. I went a tad bit off track myself so I stopped using a lot of my cards.

Sometimes you want to show some activity on teh cards so you don't get a CLD but then on about 12 cards it can accumulate pretty good. I only use my NFCU day to day, Discover IT for utilities payment and USAA Amex for the gas.

Taget gets some use too but very min. My rule is to PIF from now on. Even thinking of cancelling my AMEX Plat. Is ued to travel a lot but now I don;t, so I can't think of any other reason to keep it open. Maybe I will PC it to the regular Gold. The reward structure for AMEX is lame at best.

Hey CS! I hear you on not using the cards...

I am only using 5 right now and the rest I could care less if the CLD or cancel them. To me, not a big deal. They take that action I would just call and complain.. HAHA...

The 5 that I use have $150k of available credt and that is way more than I need. So, time will tell!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 47 of 59
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Awesome move LS!  I wish you much success in paying off your debt!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 48 of 59
LS2982
Mega Contributor

LMAO @ dddewdrop!!!

Cant break the bong!!! Thats abuse!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 49 of 59
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

It sounds like this was an important step for you. A little cheating here and there usually leads to a plan going completely off the rails. The fact that you recognized this early on and did what you needed to do to keep yourself from cheating in the future will help you in the long term.
Message 50 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.