cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Killed my first card. Bye Orchard! Would have loved to keep you around!

tag
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

Killed my first card. Bye Orchard! Would have loved to keep you around!

I waited too long and they slapped my with the annual fee. I called up to see if they could retain me. I told them I have other good cards now. Theirs was $520 CL with no rewards and a fat annual fee and my others cards are rewards cards with CL's in the thousands. All they offered me was to half the annual fee. I said KILL IT WITH FIRE! If they could have made it a worthwhile card to keep I really wanted to.

I was actually stupid to not take the half fee deal, pay that and then cancel after a week or so cause now I think I'm stuck with the whole $79 fee. Smiley Sad But you know that card did me a great service and I knew I'd pay a price for it so it's a fair cop. It took me from an empty credit file to a 747 score in 2 years for about $300 in fees. Fair enough I guess.

By by Orchard!

AMEX BCE 6K

Chase Freedom 1K

Discover More 1.5K

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Killed my first card. Bye Orchard! Would have loved to keep you around!

RIP...   On to bigger and better.   Congrats!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 23
LS2982
Mega Contributor

RIP.

Did you give it the proper shredder treatment??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 23
lithium78
Established Contributor

Congrats!  It's a good feeling to move on to prime cards and leave the rebuilders behind.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 23
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@Funk-O-Meter wrote:

I waited too long and they slapped my with the annual fee. I called up to see if they could retain me. I told them I have other good cards now. Theirs was $520 CL with no rewards and a fat annual fee and my others cards are rewards cards with CL's in the thousands. All they offered me was to half the annual fee. I said KILL IT WITH FIRE! If they could have made it a worthwhile card to keep I really wanted to.

I was actually stupid to not take the half fee deal, pay that and then cancel after a week or so cause now I think I'm stuck with the whole $79 fee. Smiley Sad But you know that card did me a great service and I knew I'd pay a price for it so it's a fair cop. It took me from an empty credit file to a 747 score in 2 years for about $300 in fees. Fair enough I guess.

By by Orchard!

AMEX BCE 6K

Chase Freedom 1K

Discover More 1.5K

Good call. Never look back!!!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 5 of 23
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

If it's less than 30 days I believe they have to refund the annual fee. Over 30 days out of luck.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 23
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

hows that work Coldnmn?

It JUST dropped a couple days ago. I JUST cancelled yesterday. Should I expect it to disappear on it's own or do I have to complain yadda yadda?

Anybody else know about this?

Yea I did give it the proper shredder treatment. Cut it up into tiny pieces and burnt it in the fire in the back yard while we made smores Smiley Happy No kidding.

Message 7 of 23
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 8 of 23
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

RIP.

Did you give it the proper shredder treatment??

ROFLMAO! Smiley Very Happy

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 9 of 23
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I read it on here 2 months after I paid my fee. I closed my account and waited 2 months to be sure I didn't have a balance. If I had known I would have called and closed it within the month. According to what I read had something to do with the new credit card act. I would definitely call them to be sure. I trust the people on this board way more than Orchard. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.