cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Killed my first card. Bye Orchard! Would have loved to keep you around!

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Killed my first card. Bye Orchard! Would have loved to keep you around!

Even though it produces toxic fumes, I always prefer the card melt down over the shredder!

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 23
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

If it's less than 30 days I believe they have to refund the annual fee. Over 30 days out of luck.

My memory is that is 60 days.    I expect you should call them about it.   Not  sure if they would do it automatically.

Message 12 of 23
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

@Funk-O-Meter wrote:

I waited too long and they slapped my with the annual fee. I called up to see if they could retain me. I told them I have other good cards now. Theirs was $520 CL with no rewards and a fat annual fee and my others cards are rewards cards with CL's in the thousands. All they offered me was to half the annual fee. I said KILL IT WITH FIRE! If they could have made it a worthwhile card to keep I really wanted to.

I was actually stupid to not take the half fee deal, pay that and then cancel after a week or so cause now I think I'm stuck with the whole $79 fee. Smiley Sad But you know that card did me a great service and I knew I'd pay a price for it so it's a fair cop. It took me from an empty credit file to a 747 score in 2 years for about $300 in fees. Fair enough I guess.

By by Orchard!

AMEX BCE 6K

Chase Freedom 1K

Discover More 1.5K

Orchard was my stepping stone as well, out with the old and in with the new!

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 13 of 23
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 14 of 23
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

So I got a statement in the mail from Orchard with the annual fee on it. I called them and they said it will be taken off automatically and that my balance was zero and I'd get another statement saying so. So I didn't have to ask it just came off automatically. Done.. and...done!

Message 15 of 23
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Welcome to primeville.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 16 of 23
LS2982
Mega Contributor

LMAO @ smore making from orchard plastic! AWESOME!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 23
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Calling to cancel my Orchard Card account tomorrow. It served me well, I have nothing bad to say. Without them, I wouldn't be where I am now. Thanks Orchard!

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 18 of 23
learnandlearn
Established Member

@journey258 wrote:

Calling to cancel my Orchard Card account tomorrow. It served me well, I have nothing bad to say. Without them, I wouldn't be where I am now. Thanks Orchard!

Doing the same thing tomorrow. It did serve me well but I haven't used it in a while and now that I have been approved for a prime card, I don't see a reason to hang on to it..

Message 19 of 23
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

Yea even if they would have waved the AF for a year or given me a substantial CLI I would have kept it.  But all they offered me was to half the AF even after I told them what other prime cards I had now and what CL's they had. Next on the chopping block is my bank who's never done anything for me expect been convenient on my way to work. I've just opened a Virtual Wallet account with PNC and I'm checking them out before I switch. I'm tired of banks taking my money and doing squat for me! No more!

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.