Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinda bummed, kinda annoyed

tag
luckymommy
New Contributor

Kinda bummed, kinda annoyed

So I just got a BBY card on July 1st... Logged into my acct today to check things out and saw a message saying congratulations your best buy card has been upgraded to a best buy mastercard. Gave a number to call if I had any questions about the upgrade. Of course I did! Didn't seem possible to be upgraded so soon. First person I talked to said my acct was being reviewed for upgrade, had to transfer me. Second person said they only dealt with applications and couldn't help me because my acct was already active. Transferred again... 3rd person finally says it was a system error, that my acct is not eligible for upgrade since it's new. Big fat fail Best Buy! Maybe I should've just left it alone and waited to see if I got a new card in the mail!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kinda bummed, kinda annoyed

whats your cl? and what bank is it now? capital one?

Message 2 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

whats your cl? and what bank is it now? capital one?

it's Citi

OP I probably wouldn't believe the reps and give it a little bit and see... they were changing a lot of the store accounts over to MC for a while.

what is your CL?

Message 3 of 9
luckymommy
New Contributor

my CL is only $1000. It doesn't say it on my acct anymore. 😞

Message 4 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

My dad has had his acct since August 2008 and has never receivd a CLI so once he pays it off he is going to close it last time he requested a CLI it was a HP on TU. Done dealing with this CC.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 5 of 9
IWOL
Established Contributor

The department that services the Best Buy cards is the absoloute worst I have ever dealt with. Every person I have ever spoken to is totally clueless about the product.

I always get transfrred several times back and forth. I only keep the card for the 5% rewards when shopping at Best Buy but their credit department is just completely incompotent.

Message 6 of 9
IWOL
Established Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

My dad has had his acct since August 2008 and has never receivd a CLI so once he pays it off he is going to close it last time he requested a CLI it was a HP on TU. Done dealing with this CC.

Ive aplied for CLI 3 times since it was swicthed over to Citi and I always get denied with strange reasons on the letter.

My CL is $1500 and I have spent $8640 at best buy this year, I have Elite Plus status until 12/16..lol. Despite a 723 on TU and high usage with PIF they refuse to increase the line.

I have to go in and make cash payments often to free up the credit line. The only good thing about the card is they were/are offering 10% rewards since July 1st untill Sept.

I bought a bunch of Visa gift cards their since July 1st to get the 10% rewards and then use the gift cards for regular spending, hence the $8K spent at BB.

Message 7 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

Ive aplied for CLI 3 times since it was swicthed over to Citi and I always get denied with strange reasons on the letter.

My CL is $1500 and I have spent $8640 at best buy this year, I have Elite Plus status until 12/16..lol. Despite a 723 on TU and high usage with PIF they refuse to increase the line.

I have to go in and make cash payments often to free up the credit line. The only good thing about the card is they were/are offering 10% rewards since July 1st untill Sept.

I bought a bunch of Visa gift cards their since July 1st to get the 10% rewards and then use the gift cards for regular spending, hence the $8K spent at BB.

hahah smart move

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 8 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

id give 1 more try through EO 423-477-6858

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.