Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinda depressed about NFCU

tag
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Kinda depressed about NFCU

To elaborate,

I was granted my CashRewards card (3k limit) in December 2012. Last week, I asked for a CLI to 7k, which was denied. I recieved my letter a few days later and it said "092 - Excessive Credit Obligations".

I don't get it. I make $90k/yr and I have rent and one car payment. I have a few other cards with $0 balances on them and I have 0 CA's now. I do have several CO's but they are all paid.

Thanks in advance.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Kinda depressed about NFCU

How recent are the paid collections and did you try pay for delete instead of just paying them?

Message 2 of 23
madmann26
Valued Contributor

I don't have any CA's reporting. When I first got the card, I had 3-4 reporting.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 3 of 23
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

To elaborate,

I was granted my CashRewards card (3k limit) in December 2012. Last week, I asked for a CLI to 7k, which was denied. I recieved my letter a few days later and it said "092 - Excessive Credit Obligations".

I don't get it. I make $90k/yr and I have rent and one car payment. I have a few other cards with $0 balances on them and I have 0 CA's now. I do have several CO's but they are all paid.

Thanks in advance.

You are expecting a lot if your FICO is accurate, but maybe you can just find a different lender to give you $7k.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 23
john398
Senior Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

I don't have any CA's reporting. When I first got the card, I had 3-4 reporting.

oh ok so there not reporting at all  not even as paid collections, that is great

Message 5 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 23
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Give it a bit more time and you'll probably be fine.

Message 7 of 23
bradpitt
Valued Member

If your scores are accurate you have to have some negatives on your credit report.
You need to concentrate your efforts on getting whatever it is off your reports if possible.

Message 8 of 23
thirst305
New Contributor

Just be glad you can get in the door.  Many of us don't have a way in and it is frustrating!!  I would someone 500 dollars to get in!!

Ch7 BK discharged 3/2009
Bloomies (10/99): 4k Alliant (8/10): 4k
SCEFCU Visa (9/12): 6k SCEFCU auto (9/12): 22k
Barclays Apple (10/11): 5k iTunes: 3k SLM: 15k
Amazon (8/12): 15k Walmart store (9/12): 6K
Partners (9/12): 20k CapOnex2 (1/10): 10k Discover IT (3/13): 5k
SDFCU: 20k Amex BCE: 8k
Message 9 of 23
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Brad

My current EQ FICO is 630.

Lexie

They are reporting correctly.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.