Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinda depressed about NFCU

tag
Smug
Established Contributor

Re: Kinda depressed about NFCU

Your score seems very low with no Collections.....
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 11 of 23
madmann26
Valued Contributor

I can prove it if it makes a difference.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 12 of 23
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

What the other members here are hinting at is that there is something on your credit report that is hurting your score.  You need to find what it is and fix it.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 13 of 23
starry1
Valued Contributor

No one is calling you a liar, they're just saying there's something on your reports and you should probably take a look and see if you can fix it. Your scores are the same as mine and I have a brand new bk reporting.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 14 of 23
madmann26
Valued Contributor

I've been working on rebuilding since August 2012.

I've taken care of all my outstanding balances on everything and have been sending GW's like  no tomorrow.

I wasn't denied because of a low score. I called NFCU on my way home yesterday and they told me that the reason that I was denied was because they didn't rate me very on on their scale of "ability to repay if all my cards were maxed out".

Maybe it has something to do with my past credit issues, who knows. I've sent them my pay stubs/w2's for proof and all they could say was they encouraged me to do the appeal process.

It's discouraging and frustrating and I know that with time, things will change.

Thanks for the thoughts on this everyone.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 15 of 23
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

3K to 7K is a large jump. I recenty put in a CLI at BoA and only asked for $7,500 when I was already at $5,000. It was approved instantly.

Don't be discouraged, just keep up the good work and it will pay off

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 16 of 23
john398
Senior Contributor

I belive you, my question was are they reporting as paid collections or are they just not rep[orting as all, its better to have them,  not on your report vs showing as being paid

Message 17 of 23
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@john398 wrote:

I belive you, my question was are they reporting as paid collections or are they just not rep[orting as all, its better to have them,  not on your report vs showing as being paid

They are not reporting at all.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 18 of 23
madmann26
Valued Contributor

I just updated the scores in my sig.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 19 of 23
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

In my opinion you just need to give it time, let those baddies age, and focus on building your relationship. 3k is a decent CL for your score, it will grow over time but you have to just give it time... You haven't had the card very long, so just give it time.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.