Contributor
luvandlife

Kohl's (Capital One) Slooooow Reporting

Has anyone else noticed that Kohl's is slow in reporting to the CRA's? They do report every month don't they? They are showing a balance that is about 2 months old and I have paid my account way down since then.

Should I expect an increase (minor) in my credit score when they finally do report? Or is that expecting too much?:smileyvery-happy: Wishful thinking right?

Starting Score:575 TU, 577 EQ, 610 EX
Current Score:740 TU, 739 EQ, 750 EX
Goal Score:700+

~Anything Worth While, Takes Time~
I'm done taking shortcuts. I choose the long route. I'll still get there~
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
afbar1114

Re: Kohl's (Capital One) Slooooow Reporting

this happened to me too. they did some upgrades in feb or march so maybe thats why. but it is may so idk then. 

In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
Contributor
luvandlife

afbar1114 wrote:

this happened to me too. they did some upgrades in feb or march so maybe thats why. but it is may so idk then. 

thanks afbar1114

Have they caught up yet on your report or is it still behind? I called Kohl's just now and they said they report every month, which I assumed they did because it usually is correct, but this is a 2 month lag. Yikes!

Valued Contributor
afbar1114

EQ is upto date but not TU. EX i am unsure of

New Contributor
aggieguy

They're behind. I called this morning about it and the CSR is "forwarding my information" to "the department that can look into it." I figure if enough people call them about it they might be able to figure out where the hiccup is.

As it stands, my TU and EX haven't updated since Feb 16, 2012. My EQ has updated for both March and April.

My Wallet: Discover $1500, CapitalOne Green $1500, Amex Zync NPSL, CU of TX $3000, Amazon Store $1000, Barclay Apple $1300

Chopping block: CreditOne $600, BestBuy $600, CapitalOne $500, CapitalOne $500
Valued Contributor
afbar1114

aggieguy wrote:

They're behind. I called this morning about it and the CSR is "forwarding my information" to "the department that can look into it." I figure if enough people call them about it they might be able to figure out where the hiccup is.

As it stands, my TU and EX haven't updated since Feb 16, 2012. My EQ has updated for both March and April.

this is the date when they did updates to the system and website so maybe something happened. 

Contributor
luvandlife

afbar1114 wrote:

EQ is upto date but not TU. EX i am unsure of

Right, the only one lagging for me is TU, the other two are on point. Thanks again! Have a Pleasant Day~

New Contributor
rena347

Thanks so much for the detailed information afbar1114! The same thing happened to me. I paid off my Kohl's account in March. Only EQ is showing a zero balance. EX and TR are both showing a balance of $733. I hope it gets updated in May.

Contributor
luvandlife

aggieguy wrote:

Thanks auggieguy,

I guess I will give them a call as well and see what the heck is going on! The funny thing is TU is the only one that's delayed for me. Thanks & Have a Pleasant Day!

Regular Contributor
percy81

I thought I was losing my mind...thinking capital one was out to get me. The same balance for the last 2 months from kohls and capital one platinum. I paid my balance in full in february and they both kept report the old balance.

I checked my report and they finally updated but no score bump for the 0 balance...geesh:smileysad:

Current: TU 753 EQ 755 EX 753 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: Chase freedom 3,300 /Discover IT 2,250/ Zales 6,000/Care credit 10,000 / kohls 1,500/ LensCrafters 2,400/Capital1 platinum 1,000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+