Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohl's Charge...

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Kohl's Charge...

Since I work at Kohl's I have a bit of insight for you.  $300 is the lowest limit I've seen, the norm seems to be $900 as a beginning limit.  Since Chase took over (boo) do not be late, do not be over the limit and they WILL reward you.  From the customers and employees I've spoken to...Chase seems to begin their cli at statement six.

If you've been declined a charge in the past, employees of Kohl's receive special consideration.  When employees app in the store, a screen pops up.  You either enter the applicant as an employee or not.  If the employee is declined, the store manager CAN, if willing, call up and ask for reconsideration.

Kohl's charge holders receive 12 extra discounts per year.  If you spend $600 in a calendar year, you will receive 6 extra discounts as you are bumped up to MVC status (good deal).

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kohl's Charge...

Hi fishbjc,

This is my very first post in the forum. I love this place!!!

Some quick questions about Kohl's if you don't mind:

1. Is the credit report that's pulled based on location?
I'm in VA where Equifax is predominant, but others have
mentioned that Experian was pulled when they applied.

2. In your experience working at the store, what's the lowest
FICO score you've seen approved...and what target score
should we shoot for to maximize our chances?

3. Is it best to apply in the store, online or over the phone?
I live about 45 mins from the closest store, but I'm happy
to make the drive if applying in person is the best way to go.

Many thanks in advance for your time. Cheers!

"The right attitude is everything"
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i want a kohls but i can't answer chases BK question even tho it's 8 years old.  what do you think?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I, too, cannot qualify because of a BK.  Would love to have a Kohl's charge though...
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Just to note: that list of questions on the Chase site is sort of a personal pre-screen. It's not the real app. It's hard to imagine that Chase would deny for an 8-year-old BK.

When I applied and got to the "serious lates" (I have a 90-day from two years ago), I pondered and then went ahead and app'd. I don't know how long ago they are asking about these derogatories. The late shows on my credit reports; this was not an attempt to deceive on my part; they approved a Borders Visa for $3500.

Off the top of my head, I can't come up with the name of a member who has a Chase with a past BK, but I'll bet there are some. The BK's are just probably really old.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.