cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohl's Dept Store Card Question......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kohl's Dept Store Card Question......

$600. (Just wanted it to save a little money since there was a nice deal. Saved over $100 dollars on the things I was going to purchase with the bonus's you get for doing paperless statements and 15% off deals.) Figured the one hard pull was worth it.

Message 11 of 16
EC341
Established Member

Yes, Capital One. I've had my Kohl's card for years. They periodically increased by CL over the years. At 3k now. I wait for 30% off ( last week) and also when they have their Kohls Cash offers. You get 10.00 for every 50.00 you spend and have around 2 weeks to spend it. Also, they have two coupon codes at checkout. One for the % off and you can use the other for free shipping if you can find a coupon. Sometimes you get free shipping if you spend a certain amount.

Message 12 of 16
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@EC341 wrote:

Yes, Capital One. I've had my Kohl's card for years. They periodically increased by CL over the years. At 3k now. I wait for 30% off ( last week) and also when they have their Kohls Cash offers. You get 10.00 for every 50.00 you spend and have around 2 weeks to spend it. Also, they have two coupon codes at checkout. One for the % off and you can use the other for free shipping if you can find a coupon. Sometimes you get free shipping if you spend a certain amount.

I've only had mine for about 4 years. Started 300, stayed there, never asked for a CLI (it's a call in to request), I've never used more than 2/3 my limit though so maybe they feel I won't spend it anyway LOL.

Mine started through Chase, then switched to Cap One (yippie, 300 forever LOL).  I DO like the discounts though. They usually pull EX (when under Chase they only pulled EX for me), then TU, now with Cap One I'd be willing to bet they pull all 3 half the time (if not always, including for a requested CLI). I won't request a CLI with them myself, not worth the HP. Oddly enough, I don't think I've ever talked to anyone over the phone (or otherwise) about the card, so no idea how they are for CSRs. I like that you can pay the bill online or in the store as well use a stamp if you like.

Don't laugh (not too hard anyway), when I realized they switched from being handled by Chase to Cap One, I sort of felt as though I'd been down graded.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 13 of 16
Loques
Regular Contributor

I got my Kohl's in 6/2011 - they pulled EQ (in GA).  Limit is $300.  I hardly use it, but I definitely LOVE the savings. I wait and use their coupons for a good deal and then PIF.  Works for me!

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 14 of 16
EC341
Established Member

I've never asked for a CLI either from Kohl's. They periodically increase mine without me asking. Same with Banana Republic, I just got a 700.00 increase from them without asking.  Bloomingdale's I asked once years ago ( i've had that card for over 20 years) but they never increase automatically. I'm a preferred customer with them too.

Message 15 of 16
john398
Senior Contributor

Does it matter if you apply onlinne vs in store as far as discounts ?

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.