Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohl's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kohl's

I recently noticed on one of my CR's it said Kohls's/Cap 1 for my Kohls's card.  I thought that was funny beacuse I thought it should have said Chase since it had for some time now.  Maybe Cap 1 did take over??

Message 11 of 23
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

looks like it is capital one now-

http://www.kohlscorporation.com/Legal/CardmemberAgreement.pdf

"Authorization: When you apply for a Kohl’s credit card from Capital One, N.A. (“Capital One”,“we”, or “us”), you agree to the following:"

Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 12 of 23
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@ILBrian wrote:

looks like it is capital one now-

http://www.kohlscorporation.com/Legal/CardmemberAgreement.pdf

"Authorization: When you apply for a Kohl’s credit card from Capital One, N.A. (“Capital One”,“we”, or “us”), you agree to the following:"

Nice.  I may have to try them out now.  I didn't stand a chance with Chase...  whole BK issue with my mortgage being with Chase.  Thanks for the info.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 13 of 23
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Yikes, does that mean that they'll hard all three for a Kohl's app, as they do for their bank cards??

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 23
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

I also love Kohl's.  The peel offs and Kohl's cash in addition to large selection of clearance items make it worth it to me.  For those considering this card, you can go online to apply and receive a response in 60 secs.  That's how I got mind.  It was even scary applying online because something happened while I app'ing and had to end up calling them with a reference.  It wasn't an approval or denial message.  The rep told me something was wrong with their site that day and most people had to call with this reference number.  After verifying a few pieces of information, she told me I was approved.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 23
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Yikes, does that mean that they'll hard all three for a Kohl's app, as they do for their bank cards??

Ah, good point.  I don't know.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 16 of 23
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I've had the Kohl's card since Jan 2009.  It came up on all my credit reports as Kohl's\Chase, looking at the bill however, it has changed to Capital one in the small print on the reverse. It used to be Chase bank at least up until Dec 2010.  I have never gotten a CLI since I opened it, I've never thought to ask though either.  Started at 300 and stayed there.  I'm always able to get the 15% off plus any discounts going on at the time at the checkout though. So I'm ok with the card and the discounts, interest is high though with any balance.  Other than underwear (don't laugh, they carry my fav kind lol) I tend to buy stuff on clearance and still get the other discount. I like that I can pay the bill online or in the store as well as the mail.  It's one of my older cards so I'll probably never close it now that I know it's a bad idea to close them (I realllllly erased some good history by doing so long ago). The only report I see Kohl's listed as an inq is back in 2009 for Experian for when I opened the account. I would guess, having capital one myself, that Kohl's now checks at least 2 and probably all 3 when you apply.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder what is the required or typical needed for an Kohl's card, I know my store uses Experian to check the score and my score with them is 634 and I got declined....

Message 18 of 23
mocha82
Regular Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

No I applied.  they only pull Equifax now w/ Cap1.

Closed on my 1st home on: 11/30/2011
First Guaranty Mortgage Corporation (FGMC)
Starting Score:Equifax: 490 (01/14/2011)Transunion: 498 (01/14/2011)
Current Score: Equifax: 609(07/09/2012) Transunion: 644 (10/14/2011) Experian: 593 Lender Pull (08/22/2011)

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 19 of 23
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently noticed on one of my CR's it said Kohls's/Cap 1 for my Kohls's card.  I thought that was funny beacuse I thought it should have said Chase since it had for some time now.  Maybe Cap 1 did take over??

Interesting.  I pulled a TU annual credit report earlier this month, and my Kohl's is listed as Kohl's/Chase.  I haven't pulled any other bureau's report recently, though, so I don't know how it's reported elsewhere.

Maybe some accounts went one direction, and others went another (or stayed the same)?  Dunno.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.