Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohl's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohl's

Anyone else start out with just 300 cl from Kohl's? if so how long did it take to get cli or anything?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kohl's

who did they pull?  I think their clis kick n after you use the card so many times but not sure.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't comment on Kohl's specifically as I don't have their card.

But the 2 department store cc's I have (Macy's & Penny's), both started me out at $300. So I'm led to believe this is quite the norm, if not the rule. As always though, YMMV.
Message 4 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Take it from someone who works at Kohl's....I've seen some pretty large limits on opening accounts.

$300 is pretty low (sorry).  On a good note, if you use it at least monthly, you should begin to receive cli's at statement #6.  I've never seen anything lower than $300.  Just do NOT be late.  Since Chase took over....

Last week I opened a charge for an 18 year old with no credit....bam $900 limit. 
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

fishbjc..

Does Kohl's auto-upgrade to the gold card after $600 spent in one calendar year, or do you have to request it?

I'm a bit confused about their "MVC" program. Is it simply additional savings after $600, or do they send you a new card?
Message 6 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

It's an auto upgrade from burgundy to gold.

Spending $600 or more upgrades you to gold and gives you six additional discounts, so that's 18 additional days to save on the MVC Gold Card.

The burgundy card give you 12 days to save.
Message 7 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Yes, it's a different card.  It's gold with MVC written on it.  Not difficult to reach.

Sr. citizens can use it also on Sr. shopping day, so their discount could be 15% + 15% or whatever the additional coupon is.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.