cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohls CC New look

Senior Contributor

Kohls CC New look

My mother got an envelope from Kohls which was weird since her card is a $0, so I open it and I see a new Kohls card. They gave it a makeover and I personally think it looks like a gift card rather than a CC, I wonder if they are still gonna have the MVC status?

Discharged on 7/11/16
Gardening Since 12/01/2017
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: Kohls CC New look

Its all colorful(yes colorful) With "KOHLS" right in front of it and has "expect great things" with youyr acct. # and name right under "KOHLS" Its also transparent.

Discharged on 7/11/16
Message 2 of 20
Frequent Contributor

The colorful ones are for people who don't spend a lot of money at Kohl's. For those who have MVC status. Ours will be white. The new cards will have a swipe strip so you can slide it like a regular card instead of handing it to the cashier. The new cards should be distributed before Christmas. 

Source: Employee 

Last App 05/04/2016
Message 3 of 20
Valued Contributor

nursepower wrote:

The colorful ones are for people who don't spend a lot of money at Kohl's. For those who have MVC status. Ours will be white. The new cards will have a swipe strip so you can slide it like a regular card instead of handing it to the cashier. The new cards should be distributed before Christmas. 

Oh goodie...although I don't have that card and have no need for it, it always reminded me of a discount card with that silly barcode!

Quicksilver WMC $20k | JCPenney Platinum $10k | Drive for Five $800 | Freedom VS $5k | TD Cash VS $5k | CFU VS $14.8k | Blue Sky $13.7k | IT $28k | SavingStar $14.8k | BCE $11.3k | Macy's AMEX $7.2k | BuyPower WEMC $7.5k | CSR VI $13.3k | Diamond Preferred $6.5k FICOS: EX 775 EQ 764 TU 759 VantageScore 3.0: EX 759 EQ 757 TU 762
Message 4 of 20
Senior Contributor

nursepower wrote:

+1

This is what I heard as well...

Message 5 of 20
Established Contributor

nursepower wrote:

Thanks for the info.  I hate that barcode.  I always go to swipe my card and then remember I have to hand it to the cashier lol.

Message 6 of 20
Contributor

Was There The Other Day And Didn't Know My Sister Had That Card. Was Disappointed In The Ugly Look Of It (Old Red One Now) And A BARCODE.? Wow.
Message 7 of 20
Frequent Contributor

They were telling me about the new cards the other week when i was in my local store. I hope that I receive my new card soon cause my old one is ancient.

Message 8 of 20
Senior Contributor

We got the new colorful transparent silly looking cards too.

DW thinks it's all kinds of cool, I think it's just silly.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...

10/01/17 Fico8 scores: EX 660, EQ 647, TU 663
Message 9 of 20
Senior Contributor

Yes it is kinda silly^, are CLI hp or sp since it looks like they have been giving them out.

Discharged on 7/11/16
Message 10 of 20