Senior Contributor

Kohls CC New look

My mother got an envelope from Kohls which was weird since her card is a $0, so I open it and I see a new Kohls card. They gave it a makeover and I personally think it looks like a gift card rather than a CC, I wonder if they are still gonna have the MVC status?

$1,200$500
Banking with Wells Fargo. No Delinquencies of any sort. Gardening Since 02-01-15.
EX FICO: ---, EQ FICO: ---, TU FICO: --- EX Inquiries:50, EQ Inquiries:34, TU Inquiries: --
Senior Contributor

Re: Kohls CC New look

Its all colorful(yes colorful) With "KOHLS" right in front of it and has "expect great things" with youyr acct. # and name right under "KOHLS" Its also transparent.

$1,200$500
Banking with Wells Fargo. No Delinquencies of any sort. Gardening Since 02-01-15.
EX FICO: ---, EQ FICO: ---, TU FICO: --- EX Inquiries:50, EQ Inquiries:34, TU Inquiries: --
Frequent Contributor

The colorful ones are for people who don't spend a lot of money at Kohl's. For those who have MVC status. Ours will be white. The new cards will have a swipe strip so you can slide it like a regular card instead of handing it to the cashier. The new cards should be distributed before Christmas. 

Source: Employee 

Oh BOY! *VISA, MC, AMEX, DISCOVERS* QS1(300); Apple Visa (700); Chase Freedom (800); Dillard's Amex (1000); TD (1000); Old Navy Visa (1300); Barclay's (2000); Chase Slate (2500); East West (3000); Ebates (5600); PayPal (6000); AMEX (5000); Discover IT (5500)
+Many store cards.
Valued Contributor

nursepower wrote:

The colorful ones are for people who don't spend a lot of money at Kohl's. For those who have MVC status. Ours will be white. The new cards will have a swipe strip so you can slide it like a regular card instead of handing it to the cashier. The new cards should be distributed before Christmas. 

Oh goodie...although I don't have that card and have no need for it, it always reminded me of a discount card with that silly barcode!

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $20k | JCPenney Gold $10k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $13.7k | Discover IT $9.5k | SavingStar American Express $14.8k | American Express BCE $11.3k

FICOS: EX 764 EQ 712 TU 750 VantageScore 3.0: EX 745 EQ 749 TU 749 Credit Sesame (EX) 749 Credit.com (EX) 788
Valued Contributor

nursepower wrote:

+1

This is what I heard as well...

Established Contributor

nursepower wrote:

Thanks for the info.  I hate that barcode.  I always go to swipe my card and then remember I have to hand it to the cashier lol.

Contributor

Was There The Other Day And Didn't Know My Sister Had That Card. Was Disappointed In The Ugly Look Of It (Old Red One Now) And A BARCODE.? Wow.
Frequent Contributor

They were telling me about the new cards the other week when i was in my local store. I hope that I receive my new card soon cause my old one is ancient.

Valued Contributor

We got the new colorful transparent silly looking cards too.

DW thinks it's all kinds of cool, I think it's just silly.

Current Scores: EX 671 (FCR) TU08: 649 Wally. 03/02/2015.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Senior Contributor

Yes it is kinda silly^, are CLI hp or sp since it looks like they have been giving them out.

$1,200$500
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.