cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohls CLI Credit Pull... Reps don't know?!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Kohls CLI Credit Pull... Reps don't know?!

I feel like this is like a Macy's situation where they tell you it "could be a pull" but it never is...

The first rep actually told me I should contact EX to ask them!

Then after we went around a few times I asked for a supervisor and what does he "Transfers me to a a 3rd party CREDIT REPAIR" Company

I called back and got transferred to the "credit department of some sort" and she was for sure here in the states and sorry about my transfer outside of the company but said they wouldn't know until they submitted rather it pulled credit or not.

I said I didn't like that and would not proceed.

she marked the account that I would not proceed because of this... whatever that means and call was over.

Did we not conclude just a couple weeks ago this was FOR SURE A SP but now I have had 3 reps tell me maybe HP.

I have only had the account 2 months and I don't even really care for it but I also don't like the $300 CL and my mom does use it so I won't be closing it currently...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Kohls CLI Credit Pull... Reps don't know?!

This is so true! I've called a few times and have gotten different answers every time. Haven't tried though, am afraid it would be a HP so I've always backed out of the request.

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 2 of 3
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Re: Kohls CLI Credit Pull... Reps don't know?!

Creditaddict, I opened my Kohls card in Aug 2013 with a $1,000 initial CL.  I called Feb 17th 2014 for a CLI.  It did not ask the rep whether it would be a SP or HP.  My request was approved over the phone; new CL $1,500.  It was a SP.

I have no idea if they've changed since Feb.  I hope my experience helps.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.