Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohls CLI denied. Wait 31 days?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohls CLI denied. Wait 31 days?

My husband requested a CLI on his $600 Kohl's, but it was denied. I think I had the start date wrong, and he asked a couple days before 6 months. Does he have to wait 31 days after that denial to try again? I searched the forums and found one reference to that.  Might it work if he just calls in instead?

He does have a 19month old Capital One Quicksilver at over 9k, so Capital One does see some value in him as a cardholder.  This Kohl's is going to get closed if it doesn't get increased.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Re: Kohls CLI denied. Wait 31 days?

@Anonymous wrote:

My husband requested a CLI on his $600 Kohl's, but it was denied. I think I had the start date wrong, and he asked a couple days before 6 months. Does he have to wait 31 days after that denial to try again? I searched the forums and found one reference to that.  Might it work if he just calls in instead?

He does have a 19month old Capital One Quicksilver at over 9k, so Capital One does see some value in him as a cardholder.  This Kohl's is going to get closed if it doesn't get increased.

What was the reason for the denial? Keep in mind that Kohl's is a HP every time for CLI requests.

Message 2 of 15
Indycoltsfan
Regular Contributor

I have a Kohl's card and had got an increase at 12 and 24 months and I had to ask for those.  Sitting at $1500 - 0% utilization

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jace8602 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What was the reason for the denial? Keep in mind that Kohl's is a HP every time for CLI requests.

I'm confused.  It was denied because Kohl's requries 6 months before a CLI, and he asked a few days early.  A quick search of the forums will show that most people report Kohl's is almost always a soft pull for CLI.

Message 4 of 15
srloring13
Regular Contributor

Has your account received 6 statements?  If not, wait to request a CLI until after the 6th or 7th statement cuts.  Typically you can request a CLI increase every 90 days or so and I believe most people max out at around $3,000.00 based on what others have shared.  

FILED CH7 BK 02/25/13 -- DISCHARGED 06/10/13
Starting Scores 06/10/13 EQ474 EX538 TU503
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@jace8602 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm confused.  It was denied because Kohl's requries 6 months before a CLI, and he asked a few days early.  A quick search of the forums will show that most people report Kohl's is almost always a soft pull for CLI.

YMMV.  When I got the card, it was 9-12 months before the 1st increase, but recently it has changed to initial increase about the 6th month, then every 3-4 months on increases until you reach $3k.  If the card isn't working for your family, there really isn't any reason to keep it.  I've had mine will be 3 years in December and I like it for the 30% off and the Kohl's cash.

Message 6 of 15
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jace8602 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Unless it has changed recently, in my case it was always an HP to request a CLI. If he really wants a CLI on the card then he can try again at the 60 days mark. Unlike Amex, Capital One does not require the customer to wait 90 days before asking again.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@jace8602 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It has always been a sp for my hubby, Daisy.  When he first got his card in Sept or Oct of 2014, his SL was $300.  If I remember correctly, he didn't get his first increase until six months later.  But, as of July 2015, there is a luv button where you can request an increase online.  Hubby hit that button every 4 months and 1 day, and received an increase each time (like I said, only a sp).  He has maxed out at $3K.  I wouldn't make a phone call to them, and chance them doing a hp (unless that's fine with him).  Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 15
tray
Valued Contributor

Just requested cli with Kohls online yesterday with no hard pull..... was given 1K now sitting with 3K, I quess i must be maxed out now from what I am reading....  I would wait for letter see what it states then try again.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohl's CLI has always been SP for me though I have heard stories of people getting HP. First time I hit the luv button I was denied, called in and rep told me I had to wait 31 days. Waited 32 days and hit the button again and received CLI. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.