Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohls CLI denied. Wait 31 days?

tag
Legal_Girl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Kohls CLI denied. Wait 31 days?

My CL with Kohls is $5k.  I would wait until the 7th statement cuts just to be sure.

Homeowner Again as of July 17, 2014. Thanks to the VA and NFCU. FICOs EQ - 786/EX - 782/TU - 778/Quicksilver $3,500 / Cred 1 $2,875 / 1st Natl $4,250/ Kohls Visa $5k / Mercury MC $5,850 / NFCU Visa Sig Cash Rew $27k/ Lowes $25k / Best Buy Visa $11k/ NFCU LOC $15k / Walmart MC $7.5k / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,500 / Discover IT $27,000 / Discover IT Chrome $21,500 / Citi DC $7,300 / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,500 / Citi Simplicity $18,500 / Citi Premier $8,200 / Care Credit $10k/ AMEX Gold - NSL / Chase Sapphire Preferred $20,500
Message 11 of 15
srloring13
Regular Contributor

@Legal_Girl wrote:

My CL with Kohls is $5k.  I would wait until the 7th statement cuts just to be sure.

You are the first one I heard about going over $3K. Congrats!  How long ago did you reach $5K?

FILED CH7 BK 02/25/13 -- DISCHARGED 06/10/13
Starting Scores 06/10/13 EQ474 EX538 TU503
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your account was just opened (new) then you have to wait 6 months before you can request an increase. Once you reach the 6 month mark, you can request an increase every 90 days. As for the poster with a 5k credit line, he had the card before Capital One took over because CO has never allowed a limit over 3k which is the max credit limit available.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The letter for the second request came in the mail, and it says he has "no real estate accounts with a valid credit amount".  Our mortgage loan was sold this summer, so I guess the new lender isn't reporting it properly yet, even though they took over the loan June 1.  UGH.

Is Capital One typically much more stingy with the Kohl's cards than their regular cards?  They are so generous on our regular cards with them that this is surprising.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Legal_Girl wrote:

Congrats on your credit limit. I'm also curious about your $5k Kohl's.  Did you get the card before Capital One took over?  The last time I tried for an increase with them 6 months ago, they sent a letter stating that I had reached the maximum.  It'll be 3 years in December that I've had the card with them. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.