Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohls Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohls Card?

Just wondering if anybody on here has a Kohls card. What do you think? Score at the time of getting the card?

Any info would be great!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kohls Card?

Kohls is one of the few issuers that has admitted that they don't use a Fico score. They use a Vantage score for their credit decisions. I've heard they are fairly liberal with approvals if you do it in the store. No personal experience with the card.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a Kohl's card mid-March. I'm not 100% sure what my completely current scores were, but the latest info I have is in my siggy (and nothing had really changed between then and my app). I apped for it while going on a planned shopping spree and it saved me about $40... then they emailed me a $5 off coupon, and a 20% off coupon, etc etc. In the month I've had it, I've saved probably a good $50+ which to me is definitely worth it. My only complaint was the small $700 limit. But I'm sure the card will grow with my needs over time, so I'm happy!

ETA: I apped in-store.

Message Edited by pez478 on 04-17-2009 08:28 AM
Message 3 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Note: I finally found the article stating that Kohl's uses Vantage scores. I updated a post on the Experian thread, where this was first mentioned, and I figured I'd reference it here as well:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=special_announcement&message.id=1098#M1098
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 10
GregB
Valued Contributor

I apped in-store to get the 10% discount on that $300 purchase and their continuous specials only-for-cardholders.

My score was low 700s at the time and they gave me a $1500 limit. I can't imagine ever needing that limit since their interest rate is so high that you would have to be brain dead to ever not PIF.

The big reason to get the card is the regular 10,15,30% off all purchases for a few days and the regular $5-$10 gift cards.

Message 5 of 10
tunseeker1
Regular Contributor

I have the card and I love the deals they send. I understand some folks think the card is high interest but I usuall pay it off on a 3 month cycle. Right now I think the limit is around $5000 and I spend about $1500-$2000 when I go there.

The interest on the account at 2% a month for 3 months is still cheaper then buying with another card because I get 30% off stackable coupons after I carry a balance. If you PIF they send you 10% off. 

Message 6 of 10
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wondering if anybody on here has a Kohls card. What do you think? Score at the time of getting the card?

Any info would be great!

When I first received my card my score was around 620ish, I started with a $300 limit with them, I never asked for a CLI, the auto CLI me. I went from 400 to 1000 to 1500 and now they just upped me to 2000 last week. I use my card and make my payments on time. They like you to use your card adn will CLI every 4 months if your using it. At least that is what they do for me.  I love Kohls!!!! High interest, but great deals nd gernerous Auto CLI.
Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 7 of 10
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

Oops, sorry, finger happy.  sThey started me at 400.
Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you apply online or in store? I'd really like to add another card and Kohls has some cute stuff.
Message 9 of 10
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

I was in the store buying something and the cashier said would you like to app to a kohl's card, and get 10% off your purchase today, and I said, ah they probably would not give me one, and she said, just try you may be surprised!  And I was, they gave it to me.  That was just in Feb of 08 and in that time I have gone from $400 to $2000. Not to mention all the great Deals I have received. Kohl's is the best.
Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.