cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohls card sucks!

Regular Contributor

Kohls card sucks!

I just got off the phone with a rep trying to figure out why I can't make a payment online. She told me that they

are having problems with their online payment feature, and hopefuly it will be resolved in a day or two. Had asked how

long was the glitch, she said just yesterday!

 

It has been a week or more since I couldn't pay online. Yeah, I could go to a store, but I'm lazy! lol

Also asked about a credit line increase, she said all cli are frozen for the next few months! My gosh, this card has 

been a pain, except for the sales! Smiley Happy

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Kohls card sucks!

I see you have a Target card with a $200 limit. 

 

If you think Kohls is bad try to deal with Target. They are 100 times worse. Kohls has been pretty good to me and they have good deals for card holders unlike Target.

Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Kohls card sucks!

kohl's has frozen cli since like last may i believe, i just sd and dont plan on using it more then once a year to get some kind of deal 

Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Over 12 Months:9


2015 Goals:
Lower Utility
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000
Message 3 of 8
Established Contributor

Re: Kohls card sucks!

I  made a payment online just a minute ago without any problems. I have never had a problem on their site.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 4 of 8
New Contributor

Re: Kohls card sucks!

Kohl' s being underwritten by Cap One is likely the reason for the freeze on CLI. If it's worth the trouble and needed, you may consider contacting the EO for Cap One.

Message 5 of 8
Regular Contributor

Re: Kohls card sucks!


calihlove75 wrote:

I  made a payment online just a minute ago without any problems. I have never had a problem on their site.


Hmm, still not working for me. It was working a month ago, but the past week has been horrible. The error message I get is "payment must be no higher than the balance amount."...or something like that!

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 6 of 8
Established Contributor

Re: Kohls card sucks!


scarzy wrote:

calihlove75 wrote:

I  made a payment online just a minute ago without any problems. I have never had a problem on their site.


Hmm, still not working for me. It was working a month ago, but the past week has been horrible. The error message I get is "payment must be no higher than the balance amount."...or something like that!


Do you have an actual balance or are you trying to pay on something that is pending and has not posted? I do know you cannot prepay online. I had to make a payment in store to do that because online will not accept anything over the actual balance that has posted.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 7 of 8
Regular Contributor

Re: Kohls card sucks!


calihlove75 wrote:

scarzy wrote:

calihlove75 wrote:

I  made a payment online just a minute ago without any problems. I have never had a problem on their site.


Hmm, still not working for me. It was working a month ago, but the past week has been horrible. The error message I get is "payment must be no higher than the balance amount."...or something like that!


Do you have an actual balance or are you trying to pay on something that is pending and has not posted? I do know you cannot prepay online. I had to make a payment in store to do that because online will not accept anything over the actual balance that has posted.


 

That's probably it. Thanks for your help.

 

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 8 of 8