Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohls charge account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohls charge account

I just wanted everyone to beware of applying  for this card. I have had this card for almost two years, and in that time i have purchased multiple items using the card. Always paid on time, never went over the limit, was very responsible with it. I just called customer service about getting a credit limit increase on this card, I started very low at 300.00. I have had issues with my credit, and I have been rebuilding for almost 3 years now. With that being said, I even have gotten American express, and discover and also 2 cap one cards ( and 3 store cards, Amazon, paypal, and Fingerhut) With all cards combined I have over 15k in credit.. Now Kohls never not once issued a CLI, I usually buy once every 2 months to keep it active. Spend probably 1000+ a year.. So just some advice on people that are rebulding... this card with NOT grow with you.. Keeping a card that has 300 limit, is not even worth using IMO.  I know i will suffer a ding in my score by closing, but why keep a card if your not going to use it?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Kohls charge account

Kohls has some great discounts that come with the card. My card is also 300 since 2009, IDC about its limit if I need to buy more than 300 in a day i buy in multi transactions after paying it off on the spot.

Message 2 of 7
jeffery581
Established Contributor

They will cli if you request a hard pull. If its worth it to you. Mine went from 400 to 1200

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried getting  a CLI last month (Dec 2015) and was denied...I have no baddies, or late payments etc,, its funny cause Cap one actually backs the card, and i have one of my cards with a 2500 limit..SMH     #Crazy

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just wanted everyone to beware of applying  for this card. I have had this card for almost two years, and in that time i have purchased multiple items using the card. Always paid on time, never went over the limit, was very responsible with it. I just called customer service about getting a credit limit increase on this card, I started very low at 300.00. I have had issues with my credit, and I have been rebuilding for almost 3 years now. With that being said, I even have gotten American express, and discover and also 2 cap one cards ( and 3 store cards, Amazon, paypal, and Fingerhut) With all cards combined I have over 15k in credit.. Now Kohls never not once issued a CLI, I usually buy once every 2 months to keep it active. Spend probably 1000+ a year.. So just some advice on people that are rebulding... this card with NOT grow with you.. Keeping a card that has 300 limit, is not even worth using IMO.  I know i will suffer a ding in my score by closing, but why keep a card if your not going to use it?

Sorry you've had such a hard time with Kohl's.  It was the first card I got in my rebuilding process.  I've had the card a little over 2 years and it started off at $300 like yourself and over time has grown to $3k which is the max.  I have it cause I enjoy the discounts I receive and the Kohl's rewards.  Can't say I blame you about closing it since it won't grow for you.  I've closed a few Comenity cards for the exact same reason.  I'm sure you'll find something else to replace it with.  If it weren't for the fact that I have more than enough store cards, I would apply for JCPenney since it is Synchrony and is known to grow quickly. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that you can't get a increase on your card.  If the card doesn't work for you, then consider closing it.  With the limit being so low, it won't hurt your score.  

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny story my mom got her card last year it was $300 up to $1500 now, after two CLIs during that time processed online. The DH got his card in August, scores are 100+ higher than moms but starting limit was $300, has not upped or grown each CLI has been denied. He refuses to use it now. We got it spear of the moment shopping for clothes in the store for a family event. The difference in their profiles he has more bank cards and higher limits and she has more retail cards all within $1000+...All of his retail cards are low...Odd scenario...Me I can't get it but got a Menards card backed by Capital One go figure always PIF....I do know they arent' the same as the Cap One Bank cards. So the underwriting is very different.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.