cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kroger 1-2-3 to US Bank Transition - Account Setup now available!

tag
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Re: Kroger 1-2-3 to US Bank Transition - Account Setup now available!

Nevermind . . . I called Kroger customer service and got the transition website.  It is: http://www.123rewardscard.com/transition

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

btw - I've noticed that Exp and as of today, Eq, have this account listed as closed and sold on DH's reports

And, of course, the available credit indicates the loss of this credit line. 

Luckily, DH is at 99.something% available - but this credit line of $15,000 is about 1/3 of his total available revolving credit.  It could have had a huge impact if he were carrying a significant balance on any of his other cards.

Message 12 of 22
DI
Super Contributor

I checked my Kroger account on my Equifax credit report and it is listed in the closed accounts section.   It showed sold and closed.  I disputed it.  The account is still open and active.   I didn't see a new tradeline for US Bank. 

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I must be doing something wrong. I can't find a direct link to sign up for the US bank site.

Message 14 of 22
rom828
Established Contributor

DI wrote:

I checked my Kroger account on my Equifax credit report and it is listed in the closed accounts section.   It showed sold and closed.  I disputed it.  The account is still open and active.   I didn't see a new tradeline for US Bank. 

I just did the same thing. I know the card's not closed as I just used it  last night!

When I logged in this morning, I read the FAQ which indicated a new card will NOT be issued...just keep using the same card..and that reporting will not be affected.

Maybe this is just a snag they have to get worked out as far as the reporting.   When  did the 'early enrollment' on Friday,   none of my recent charges were reflected (showed 0 balance), but this morning they are there, so they obviously were still updating to be ready for the 11-8 'opening day'.

Hopefully this reporting issue will be corrected promptly.  I'm sure many of us will be contacting them about it!!!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Logged in to my USBank checking early this morning and lo! and behold! - the Visa is right there.  Since we already have a USBank login and accounts, I was wondering if they would find me!

I'll be watching Equifax and Experian for the next few days to see how the account is reporting.  Today shows no change - still closed and sold.

TU is still reporting it as open and doing business as usual.

Message 16 of 22
rom828
Established Contributor

I just hung up with US Bank CSR and here's what I was advised....

Because of the bank change, the card will indeed report under closed accounts as 'sold/transferred',   but will also be reported  as a new account with  US Bank. Smiley Sad

She advised there is an "underlying link  that is not seen that connects the two accounts so it will not affect scoring  because the CRAs will know that the bank change was not optional and that the account is not really new" (?!?).Smiley Indifferent

US Bank  reports the first 2 weeks of the month, so she said should be showing on reports very soon.

I'll be very anxious to see how this reports, but from what she said it will report as new since it's new to US Bank...but she continued to stress that it would not affect scoring since it's tied to the closed/transferred account with that invisible link. 

I didn't want to argue the point with her, because in reality, those with older  AAoA probably won't be affected.  But as I mentioned, I'm trying to get back to 5 yrs...and got pushed back some already with the Old Navy reporting, so another new account will not be helpful in that regard.

Although I'm not very confident in the reporting issue, I was impressed with the friendly and professional manner in which the CSR tried to address the problem. 

I also  asked  about CLIs.  She advised that although some increases are done automatically, as far as customer initiated requests,  it can vary as to whether a pull will be hard or soft...and there's no set rule about which will be used.  She said probably safer to assume it would be a hard pull.  She added that although they may check all 3 CRAs, TU is the one they always pull for review and the one cited  if a CLD is issued.

Guess now it's a wait and see for reporting!!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow rom, that's nice info - thanks for sharing it with all of us.

I'm glad the CSR was so helpful!  Our experience with USBank - at least with the current branch - has been pretty good.  The manager is exceptional.

I'm more confused than ever, however, because USBank often softs DH and I - always on Equifax - including a few weeks ago.  And the USBank manager told us they always pull Experian for their credit cards.  Go figure!  And of course you've got the info pointing to TU.

I've still got my fingers crossed.  We got the Kroger on an Equifax pull for DH - I'm not sure they'd be quite as delighted with TU or EXP pulls. 

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 19 of 22
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forums.

I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting. It is possible to edit your own post if you have posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu. If you have accidentally posted a duplicate message, you can use the “Report Abuse to a Moderator” link to asking the moderation team to remove one for you. To find this link, go to the duplicate post, click on "Options," then select "Report Abuse to a Moderator" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know.

--marinevietvet, myfico moderator

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.