Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kroger 123 mastercard

tag
princeromeo
Regular Contributor

Kroger 123 mastercard

just got lettler and was denied  with only 3 inqs? and a score of 730    limited credit experience  anyone had luck with  recon?  back door number please let me khow i was really suprised i was denied
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Kroger 123 mastercard

What exactly was the reason they gave you for denial?
Message 2 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

@princeromeo wrote:
just got lettler and was denied  with only 3 inqs? and a score of 730    limited credit experience  anyone had luck with  recon?  back door number please let me khow i was really suprised i was denied

I'm sorry to hear that.  I always brag about Kroger and its 123 card.  I got mine in Sept.  When I apped for it, I had about 4-5 inquiries. They pulled my EQ report.  My utilization was 0-1%.  If you have no baddies and low utilization, it's possible to get approved during recon. Goodluck!

Message 3 of 12
princeromeo
Regular Contributor

that i had limited credit  i have no utiz and low inqs   is there a back door number to them? 
Message 4 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

@princeromeo wrote:
that i had limited credit  i have no utiz and low inqs   is there a back door number to them? 

You're a good candidate for a recon. If I were in your situation,  I would sell them my high FICO score,  tell them to give me a chance with its card to improve my score and to gain more credit experience.  Let them know you buy your gas and grocery from Krogers, and would really like to take advantage of the rewards the card offers.  I do not know of any backdoor number with them.  

Message 5 of 12
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@princeromeo wrote:

Limited in what sense? "Fragile A" credit (a high FICO based on a thin credit file or short history) is not viewed favorably by many issuers. What are your specifics?
Message 6 of 12
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

I have a residential address in one state and a P. O. Box in a neighboring state. The CRA's seem to flip-flop them all the time. When I went for Kroger 1-2-3 in May, I used the P. O. Box and they denied me.

When I called to recon, they said I had recently moved and would not approve me.???

I was elevated to a supervisor, and I was able to confirm that I had in fact not moved,  I told them that EX and TU had the residence address first, but that EQ had the P. O. Box first. I was able to convince them that I have some cards at one address and some at another.

They told me they would send me a card at the residence and I could change my mailing address when I got the card. I said "fine."

A few days later I got the card with 6K CL.

It's safely in the sock drawer at home but I have two numbers in my phone for them. 888-954-6767 and 888-257-6437.

Message Edited by jaysdad2k on 12-08-2009 07:47 AM
"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 7 of 12
MrShush
Valued Contributor

FWIW, RBS is an extremely conservative lender and anything that doesn't meet their underwriting standards or appears questionable, they pass.
Message 8 of 12
princeromeo
Regular Contributor

so i called today for a recon and the lady told me to call back in two days she was refering me to her manger?  do i have a chance? told her i bank with rbs
Message 9 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

@princeromeo wrote:
so i called today for a recon and the lady told me to call back in two days she was refering me to her manger?  do i have a chance? told her i bank with rbs

I think you have a chance.  But don't think they're going to approve you just because you bank with RBS. Your good FICO score speaks for itself.  They should have approved you instantly.  

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.