cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kroger Visa Rewards Pre(qualify) mailer.

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Kroger Visa Rewards Pre(qualify) mailer.

Hey Forum. Bring on Spring. Smiley Happy

Yesterday i find in the mail only my 2nd ever prequalify type offer from US Bank in the green Kroger type card. Some of you know the one, with the 0% 9 month deal & .25 cents off Kroger affiliate gas stations for 3 months then only a nickle off after. All offers i ever get by mail were Preapprovals which when accepted are instant approvals.
I don't think i really want to add yet another card, since in the last 60 days Part 2 of my App Spree has been very potent with (3) prime bank lines added, including a first 5K SL for me as well as (2) massive SL store cards.
Am i right to exercise full restraint right now since i've placed myself in Full Lockdown mode deliberately?
And besides, i'm not at all as comfortable with a Prequalify offer compared to Preapproval offers that always resulted in an instant approval.

Of course who wouldn't mind padding an already low Util. but even if my current scores support it now, IMHO, one more TL to an already tanked AAoA at this point would all but padlock any approval chances for at least a year.

Is this a test dry run by US Bank to see if i bite?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Kroger Visa Rewards Pre(qualify) mailer.

Any other US Bank cards? I would go for it mostly because I drop a lot of money at Kroger but US Bank wont let me in. Ive never received an offer for it either.
Message 2 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Yes. I do hold a US Bank Visa going on 2 years come Dec. 2014
It's the regular Cash Rewards card now from a platinum that was just recently a result of a PC since being "conservative", they balked at 3 new primes added from last Aug (Discover) to Oct. (Citi/Cap1) and so turned down for any CLI.

I'm skiddish now since they already burned me with a HP for a CLI denial at 1 year!
Message 3 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
Hey Forum. Bring on Spring. Smiley Happy

Yesterday i find in the mail only my 2nd ever prequalify type offer from US Bank in the green Kroger type card. Some of you know the one, with the 0% 9 month deal & .25 cents off Kroger affiliate gas stations for 3 months then only a nickle off after. All offers i ever get by mail were Preapprovals which when accepted are instant approvals.
I don't think i really want to add yet another card, since in the last 60 days Part 2 of my App Spree has been very potent with (3) prime bank lines added, including a first 5K SL for me as well as (2) massive SL store cards.
Am i right to exercise full restraint right now since i've placed myself in Full Lockdown mode deliberately?
And besides, i'm not at all as comfortable with a Prequalify offer compared to Preapproval offers that always resulted in an instant approval.

Of course who wouldn't mind padding an already low Util. but even if my current scores support it now, IMHO, one more TL to an already tanked AAoA at this point would all but padlock any approval chances for at least a year.

Is this a test dry run by US Bank to see if i bite?

You are right, don't let US Bank tempt you, stay strong in lockdown mode.Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

alvon123
Thanks for the support.

I do a lot of grocery shopping at a Kroger affiliate store locally and hence my obvious & immediate! suspicion over US Bank's Kroger card offer with the specific wording "prequalied", which from my experience comes no where near equating to "preapproved".
Those dogs
Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah if you are already in with US Bank I wouldnt bother with Kroger card unless theres a nice bonus.
Message 6 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I kinda come to a quick conclusion they were just throwing away a bone because there's simply no comparison whatsoever to the Cash+ that i tried to PC for in the first place.
But what is becoming clear to me now is that they expect you to apply for Cash+ separate on it's own from the platinum and is just not written into their card products rules structure to obtain it any other way.
Message 7 of 11
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Ewww Kroger? I'll take Publix any day of the week!!!

Message 8 of 11
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

I got my Kroger in Dec and got approved for the Platinum Visa last week. I requested a CL transfer to my Platinum and will get a reply on Friday so that I could close the Kroger.

I closed all my low limit cards so the lowest I'll have is $2,500.
CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 9 of 11
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

Magic- I'm not impressed with the Kroger card at all and I'm pretty sure I live in your part of the woods.  It's only maximized if you buy their brands.  The BCE/BCP, Sallie Mae and even QS give much better rewards.  I'd certainly hold off on that one if it were me.  I like US Bank and all but the rewards on that card are not impressive.  I'd save the HP.  

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.